Most of our work this week has been focused on getting the electrical side sorted out. First on the agenda was getting both drive motors fused, using 80A midi fuses, pictures still pending while we work on cable management. But the main thing was getting a fuse to protect the ESC and batteries. A little work with a bench vice was enough to crimp the huge terminals on this fuse holder. We have a choice of 200 and 250A fuses depending on our final load.

IMAG0464.jpg

And once closed up, it becomes the biggest in-line fuse holder I've ever used! As you can see the fuse rating is still identifiable even with it closed.

IMAG0465.jpg

Also on the electrical side, I started work on linking our receiver and ESC together. For our left and right drive motors, I have colour coded a 3-cable bundle for each channel, they aren't the prettiest as it is proving difficult to find the connectors I need, but I'm more than happy how well they came out!

IMAG0471.jpg

Finally this week, following up to the mounting box made for our ESC in last week's post, a piece of thick lexan was made to protect the ESC box. This bolts in place using the pre-existing tapped holes in the metal used to make the box.

IMAG0469.jpg

Stay tuned for next weeks post and thanks for reading!