Time to start a new build, one which I'm determined to finish and come over with next year (or there about!). Now that I've settled a bit I started fresh plans for a new build. ( "settled" being a wild assumption as with a four month daughter around I'm left with next to no time of my own!)

Those who followed my Liftoff build will instantly notice the resemblance in shape of the new Blastoff build (CAD drawings will follow soon ) - it's a shape I very much like, a bit like a tank, a bit stealthy.

Biggest change in the shape will be its size, where as the first version of Liftoff had a base of 500x500mm and weighed about 17kg,
Blastoff will measure 300 by 480 base by 130mm tall - still on the larger side compared with other feather weights, but much smaller than it's predecessor.

It will still be track driven, powered by a pair of NTM3548 housed inside the drive wheels and coupled to a custom gearbox.

Weapon will be a FP pneumatically armed, spring powered flipper. Springs rated at 1000kg each, more on how it will work later - will give a detailed description of the concept. (no idea if it has ever been attempted before)
All pneumatics will be custom built including valvetry and rams, so a lot of testing will be required but the concept should work, then of course any advice and suggestions from the experts will be very much appreciated !

Chassis will be totally bolt on 10mm aluminium, will be trying to source 7075T6 alloy for maximum strength and lowest weight.

Armour will be all titanium, again for weight reduction, 4mm sloped at the front, and 6mm vertical on the sides.

Unlike the previous build, where I could build most of it using hand tools etc, this one will require a great deal of machining so a lathe/mill is a must. The first thing I need to do is to set up a properly equipped workshop - that's works in progress

Most probably will start building it mid May on wards, will be having plenty of free time then, given I have three months off work (working in aviation has it's benefits!)