Register To Comment

Thread: Cheap ESC

Wouldn't waste your money. These are rated to what we call hobby amps. Possibly get away with them in a featherweight but useless for anything larger.

Gary is right, i bought a handful off ebay, they are only good for testing motors, most that i used so far burnt out using more than 16 amps, even if they are rated for 20 or 40, its mostly the same components being used for 6-36v universal type ecs.

i've given some away with motors so people can at least test them and moc up things without spending silly money.

Those ain't ESC's for us, but smokebombs.

Hadn't seen those ones before, but if it's anything like the £16 '340A' ones I've seen in the past then it's probably not gonna do anything above a feather.. Still, they're near £40, so I'd be interested to have a look inside and see if that extra expense is put towards anything useful other than a waterproof case..

Pretty sure if you're willing to spend £40 for a featherweight ESC, you might as well go with a TZ85 anyway, rather than gambling on something relatively untested and unsupported.

Those type of ESC's have a very large deadband meaning you can't get lowspeeds out of them. They go straight for 50% throttle.
    Or at least the blue ones I have, have this problem. Though the blue ones only costs 11 euro's straight out of Hong Kong.

Register To Comment