Register To Comment

Thread: Mecha Fighting Robots... its about to be a thing

I was wondering had anyone else heard much about this?

Then this happened...

I have no idea why people have to be IN the robots to be honest. Why not operate them remotely using an exoskeleton type radio operation?

We have heard about it, and some people know others involved with the US build. Right now though its WYSIWYG. Util they do some official announcements there isn't much extra information out there.

As for why there are human drivers, can imagine Formula 1 or NASCAR or the BBCC being successful with remote drivers or AI? The human element is what is interesting, the risk and the reward. Its also something that people see in films and read about in books; Ripley and the Exosuit from Aliens, the mechs in The Matrix, Gypsy Danger in Pacific Rim. If they were remote controlled it wouldn't be half as interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    We have heard about it, and some people know others involved with the US build. Right now though its WYSIWYG. Util they do some official announcements there isn't much extra information out there.

As for why there are human drivers, can imagine Formula 1 or NASCAR or the BBCC being successful with remote drivers or AI? The human element is what is interesting, the risk and the reward. Its also something that people see in films and read about in books; Ripley and the Exosuit from Aliens, the mechs in The Matrix, Gypsy Danger in Pacific Rim. If they were remote controlled it wouldn't be half as interesting.
    "The human element is what is interesting"

Okay that is a good argument.

I was thinking more about the safety problems and something like the movie Real Steal. If I had the money and skills the Megabot team might get a Youtube message themselves... from Ireland!

Register To Comment