Project Alfie Featherweight Class... hey don't blame me, my kids picked the name, but i figured its their robot so they can call it what ever they like!

My kids spent some time doodling some designs they wanted for their robot in fact they chewed up over 30 sheets of printer paper doodling since the start of the school holidays on a design they liked jointly... which is saying something since an 11 year old and a 9 year old brother and sister can never get on

so here's what they came up with.... ( no trolling my kids efforts please, that's my job!)

0.0.jpg My daughters obsession with cheese is quite something, but you get the idea its a flipper...
0.jpgMy Son's got a mean streak, guess he wants full drum carnage, can't say I blame him either.

I'm all one for building what the kids want, its just not very original, although nothing wrong with the base designs and i'm sure they are used effectively by others. I Want to make sure this machine is different, so with my kids i sat them down and did a fair few doodles myself and incorporated some of my own ideas and the kids in there.

So no laughing at my concept doodle... i'll CAD it up later once I can 'liberate' Rhino5 from work.

This is what we have come up with, two alternate versions depending on weight usage ( and if i can get the kids to stop arguing and agree, although at this rate i'll be building one of each just to shut them up!).
Either a Pneumatic flipper, or actuator lifting arm ( i'll work something out ) or flywheel spinner, we have based this machine to be 4 wheel drive using skid steering, and a huge plow type scoop at the front, mixing up a ram bot with a weapon of some kind, were still undecided on armor type, i'm feeling the need to just use 10mm HDPE with a steel scoop, but if we have the weight left over then i'll look at something more substantial.
I do understand that at present the machines ability to self right is probably non existent, which is something I'll look into but i'm actually not really concerned with either
This is overall the base concept to which our build will evolve from.
1.jpg2.1.jpg
Open to suggestions on possible changes, if I've ripped off an idea from someone else, apology's but tough, (you should know imitation is a sign of flattery)

Next up is a cardboard mock up ( kids want to build not play with cad, so i'll have to draw up later )