Register To Comment
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: [FW] Wedge Spinner in time for Robo Challenge champs!

Might have to order up some ninja flex.

That is ingenious! Won't the ninja flex stretch lengthways when it gets a real load on the belt?

If you can find some way to embed polyester or kevlar cords in your printed belts, that would make the ninjaflex belts as tough as 'real' timing belts. Even if the printed belts are only good for testing its still extremely cool!

Probably a good call on the ESC front; My feather had a fairly untested ESC in it for the champs last year. It only lasted one fight, then had to be swapped out for some TZ85s anyway.

It's looking awesome. If your countersunk bolts don't arrive in time, I'd suggest removing the lower 6 of the 8 cap head bolts from just in front of the disk, else you'll never hit anything!

Wrap some duct tape around the outside of the belt. Should help hold the whole thing together and assist in stopping it stretching.

I repaired a damaged HTD5 belt with "fibre tape" a couple of years ago. It worked. I'll have loads with me!

Very clever! I would go for the fibre tape if its like the fibre reinforced packing tape I have - absolutely not stretch in it. OTOH, duct tape is probably stickier. If you run a test, run the belt until it gets hot - my duct tape glue melts at low temps.

Register To Comment