Currently looking at building a feather for the champs in April, I've bought a few parts and want to start testing things. The ESC's which I've been recommended are the BotBitz 80A ones, but I'm not ready to drop £100 on two ESC's for a project I'm still trying to get my feet wet with. I was just wondering if anybody had some cheaper options that they have had success with in the past?

I've ordered some of the cheap chinese "320A brushed ESCs" from a UK supplier, which of course are nowhere near that amperage rating, but I'm going to try and upgrade the connectors and wiring in hopes that it can withstand the draw from the 775 motor. Bit of an experiment, but if it works then its an ESC for only £10.

I know the general consensus is "you get what you pay for", and i totally agree. I will no doubt buy myself a pair of BotBitz ESC's in the future, but for now, I just want to be able to get my bot driving around the garage so I can test out various aspects of its design before commiting to spending a lot on it.