Register To Comment

Thread: [BW] GR-01 Build Diary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Harry and Ellis. I guess 4WD is definitely something to aim for. I'm still trying to figure out if im biting off more than I can chew if I do both that and invertible drive too... hmm..

@Ellis
    I built the odd one or two robots when I was about 8 years old or so haha. This mainly included taking apart RC toys and attaching sharp things to them. I wouldn't say I have any other experience than that really... I built a quadrotor a few months ago, and that re-sparked my interest in electronics and robotics. I was always an avid fan of RobotWars (who wasn't!).
    I'm employed as a game developer, so my day is split 50/50 between 3D modelling and programming. CAD tools come quite naturally to me, coming from a 3D modelling background, the tools are similar. I've not used CAD for too long, the software i'm using at the moment is called Autodesk 123D Design. Its free and saves project files to the cloud, so its good for doing a few sketches during lunch breaks at work and then having the file available at home later. A bit on the basic side though, I've used inventor in the past and that's a much stronger tool.

One last sketch for today. Just trying to think outside of the box a little and try something that isn't a cube on wheels. This is missing all the driving belts, base plates etc, but hopefully it gets the point across. It would be invertible and use 4 of 6 wheels at one time. The back pair would be driven by the motors and belts from those would drive the front wheels. I think this is starting to get away from my construction abilities though, So tomorrow I'll probably re-visit my previous design and upgrade it to 4WD.

Thanks for the kind words though everyone. Very motivating indeed!

You wouldn't even need to bother driving the front wheels

Register To Comment