Register To Comment
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: [BW] GR-01 Build Diary

A thought about those front forks. When the bot is upside down the weapon will, in effect, be spinning downwards, so if it hits something it will end up trapping whatever it hits between the forks and the weapon will stop. While this probably not going to break the weapon, it may well bend the forks and it will give the weapon motor and belt a massive shock. Given my new version of Conker is very similar I have been thinking about this a lot, and I believe you only need forks on one side so you can use the weapon to self right on the arena wall/opponent when the wrong way up.

Wouldn't the articulated forks just move out of the way as the bot flips itself over? And does this mean that Conker now has articulated forks?

If he can't hit anything because the forks are sticking out, he cant turn himself back over. Also, if they can swing out the way then there is the potential to get beached on your own forks.
    And no, Conker doesn't have forks.

Sounds like Alasdair is completely forked...

Belts need to be much tighter, so there is no slack at all, but aside from that... this is an amazing first build! Dat CNC!

Register To Comment