Register To Comment

Thread: (FW)Nibbler- Horizontal Spinner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Nick for the info about jackshafts (new word you add to my engineering know how). The diagram illustrates perfectly what you mean by having a idler wheel to increase the amount of teeth in contact when the pulleys are close together. With all the draw backs you mentioned, I'll take your advice and try to use the more elegant solution.

So it's back to the pesky weapon motor dilemma. I have quite literally looked at every motor on the HobbyKing website and I can't find something that's high power and low Kv (except from a very expensive Scorpion motor that's a bit out of my price range) of course i've probably missed a perfectly suitable motor. So something going have to be compromise and if the 2 stage reduction is too complex then it's the power. Because of this I've gone back to the original plan to use the NTM50-60 380kv motor. This will most likely to be one of the first parts to be upgraded in the future.

These posts wouldn't be the same without some questions:
    Is the anything glaringly obvious that would make this battery unsuitable for the weapon and this be unsuitable for the drive?

Is under volting the drive motors, suggested earlier by Glen, worth the reduced speed to hopefully stop the motors burning out?

As always thanks in advance
    Last edited by Cameron_S; 26th July 2015 at 20:29.

Register To Comment