Register To Comment
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with choosing parts for a first robot, please.

Ok, so I'm just about to unscrew the reverse threaded screw in the chuck of this drill, but annoyingly the torx attachment for the screwdriver I've just bought is too chunky to fit in the drill! Does any one have any ideas on getting at the reverse thread screw or am I going to need to buy another screwdriver?
    Thanks.

REALLY ANNOYING SCREWDRIVER!.jpg
    Last edited by dotDominic; 9th May 2015 at 13:49.

Is it the attachment which is to big to get in the hole, or the pole of the screwdriver which is to big to fit inside to unscrew?

Sorry, I've just edited that last post with a photo of the problem.
    Thanks.

Perhaps a little strange, but... take the damn thing to the DIY store and find a decent fitting screwdriver.
    Do pay for it though, you'll want to have it at home and not to visit the store each time it needs refastening.

Ah Yeh, that's occasionally a problem. Same thing sometimes happens in enclosed spaces (hence I also have a 90 degree one).

You'd probably need a special screwdriver just for that use then. Unless anyone else has ideas, either buy one or go down to a hobby ship and ask to borrow it for a one off thing (individual screwdrivers shouldn't even cosy you a pound though).

Just find a little handyman shop or hobby ship and you should be able to get the individual item and be able to test it.

Right, I'll see what I can do. Thanks very much for your quick responses!

Also, this totally unrelated to the screwdriver issue, but I just wanted to ask can stickers or paint be applied to HDPE? Or do they just slide off?

Paint can't be applied, but stickers work fine.

Look at either Utopia Mk2 or Defector Mk2. The red, blue and white is entirely black HDPE covered in sticker

@Garfie489 Cool, thanks! Stickers it is, then!

@harry hills

Thanks, I'll try to hunt down some sort of hobby shop round here.

Also, yeah, these drills have easily been the biggest problem for me so far - particularly due to this damned torx screw. Despite being all the same model of drill, the drills all have slightly different plastic casings/labels and have several scuffs and dirt marks. One didn't even have the drill bit which is meant to be included. If I were wanting to use these as 'new condition' drills I'd be rather unimpressed! I'm just hoping the motors inside them are all the same.
    Last edited by dotDominic; 9th May 2015 at 20:27.

This is Utopia, everything was done with a sharp knife. I found the best way is to cut a sheet deliberately to big, then just trim it down with the knife.

Any bolt holes just put a compass through them, then cut the excess. Only thing its not great at is going round corners, and going over bumps.

Overall came out quite nicely i think

Register To Comment