Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flip circuit???

Do as I do. Turn the tx around in your hands.
    It isn't pretty but it works

A thwack bot will be inverting so frequently, either by making attacks or by bouncing off opponents, that to be activating and deactivating a 'flip' function would actually cause more problems than it solved.

If it were me I would colour either side of the robot so you know which way up it is and learn to control the machine upside down from the start with no additional aids.

As a piece of history, in RW S3 Stinger went out in round one to mace after 2 minutes of mad, random and chaotic bouncing. Next year it ranked 3rd. With more driving practice the machine went from uncontrollable by the driver to unfathomable by its enemies.

It may be possible to make a device that reverses it automatically, I would use an accelerometer rather than a tilt switch as should give you more control as to when it reverses, then use an arduino mini or something to take the signal from the rx and just reverse it and send it out to the escs. I imagine you would need a small delay between when it first sense it has flipped over during which tk continues to check (ie has to be upside down for say 1 second before to switches the controls to avoid false positives)

Probably a lot more hassle than its worth but it is an option.

The IMX-1 mixer will do the job: http://www.robotcombat.com/products/RL-IMX1.html. Like Alex said, it might be more bother than its worth.

When you say 'invertable thwak bot', do you mean one that is going to constantly flip (Stinger, Saint, MONTE style) or one that will only go upside down if flipped? If its going to constantly rotate/invert, don't bother with a flip switch, it will never work.

Register To Comment