Quote Originally Posted by grant_ploughbot View Post
but it's their duty to make multiple trips to go and see the arena designs and building throughout the process to make sure well in advance that there is a safe arena being produced, and if not call the show off. It's irresponsible not just because their insurances almost certainly won't cover anything,
Multiple trips? to Australia? Irresponsible as it may be, if Jonno has a contract that states his company has no liability for the audience in the event of debris. - he doesn't have to cancel squat. Not legally his problem.

I know you are more of a moral man than that, Grant but you don't have the RW rights holders on your back either.

but with the robot wars brand being used we all fall under that image and so it has far greater effects on other organisers around the world to if they were just called roaming Robots. I think it's about due for another FRA meeting.
Quote Originally Posted by marto View Post
I stressed the importance of the arena in my contact with them but they obviously completely ignored that when they switched to RR. Is there anyway to get in contact with EO as I would like some sort of explanation as its the rest of us here in Aus which are going to get screwed if there is/was an incident.
You could well ask for an FRA meeting at Gloucester but doesn't mean Jonno has to stick around for it. The fact that the public associates Robot Combat with Robot Wars isn't his technically concern either. Which means he can play footloose and fancy free with impunity, the public perception of your events.