Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brushless problem

I don't think the problem is with arming the ESC, otherwise the servo would work. So it shouldn't matter what mode it is.

I think the problem is with the receiver. I'm guessing maybe keeping the plug in upside down for an extended period of time may have caused it to fail? Do you have another receiver you can test it with?

If the problem has been caused by plugging them in upside down, and you've plugged them both in upside down, then yes they might both be broke now. Lights coming on doesn't mean a receiver is working. If the servo worked I would say it's a problem with the brushless setup. But as nothing you plug into the receiver works, I'd say it's a problem with the receiver.

White (signal) faces the front of the rx, I made the same mistake with my first rx and it totalled it and the esc it was connected to

Yep, the signal cable is always the lightest colour cable (typically white or yellow) of the three and it goes at the "top" of the rx. Might be worth writing a +/- on the receiver's body as a mind jog. Naturally, then, the black cable (negative) is always on the bottom side of the rx.

Just a thought, You use an orange rx? From memory on the side they have an S over where the signal cable should go, at least mine did

Looks like you were being a bit quick on the tx for it... just sounded like it was waiting for a command... for future referance hold the tx stick on the channel your using (throttle) totally to the top of its travel, turn the tx on...wait for the motor to make different beep sound...then bring the stick fully down and wait for yet another beeping sound... this arms the motor and teaches the esc the channel limits.

And also you had the motor wired fine... the only thing you will achieve by swapping the motor wires around is reversing its direction of rotation.

Register To Comment