Register To Comment
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boneyard - FW Vertical Crusher

Trouble is I don't have a plasmacutter, nore do I know anyone that has one. What options do I have?

What cutting process did you get quoted? Most places I get quotes from are fairly close as they know they have to be competitive to get work.

You could hire one?

have you tried getting a water jet quote? they won't mind you supplying material, if that is too expensive contact a university etc with one they might be willing to help

If you want I can check at the local water-jetting company for a quote. They had quoted me around 15£/m run for 4mm titanium.

angle grinder + 1mm discs

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    anglegrinder has serious trouble with corners in holes.
    Rough cut it with a cutting disc, then switch to grinding disc and do all the shape work. I've been doing odd shaped engine mount fabrication for a car for the last few weeks with nothing but a 4" grinder.

Still looks rough as anything so no pics yet but had it driving around today, it's flippin' quick but the nice thing is I can run it at full power or half power depending on the arena or opponent

Started saving for the claw cutting but till then can continue with the body work and tidying everything up

Bad phone pic but proves I am doing things, getting there!

V1.5 build.jpg

Been quiet on this one for a while but the final push to get it ready for the champs is needed. New single piece bulkheads are being cut as I can make them lighter whilst being stronger than the original design, claw is all welded up and looking amazing too. Need some new baseplate material to suite the new bulkheads but then its a case of transferring the electrics to the new chassis before GSL. Hope I will be picked given there is so few vertical crushers, winning the champs for me is unlikely but should be more fun with an active weapon

Register To Comment