Register To Comment
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boneyard - FW Vertical Crusher

That was kind of my motive behind it, have a machine that's basic function is to put opponents where it can but have this type of interchangeable top section for different weapon to suite

Had the horrible realisation that everything weighed too much, before I had even started wiring and construction it was 14.8kg, too much!

So, after a few talks with roboteers and a swift kick in the right direction the design has dramatically changed. Until I get a rough render think a shorter, wider, sleeker Ming 3 with a hinged wedge/crush zone.

I don't remember these issues when I built mine, suppose it did help it was welded ti and ali

If you are interested I've got a dewalt motor conversion for the linac you're using (same as mine, so should be an easy swap) I'm trying something different when I rebuild my crusher shortly

You use the Duff Norton base? Be interesting to hear, I would be surprised if the motors were very efficient for their size considering they are built in 1972, retro tech!

Some first CAD designs up (Thanks Jarvis)

Comes in at 13.4kg with all 10mm hdpe and hardox front which I am pleased about, the all round protection is pretty good so will work towards this.

Crusher 6.jpgCrusher 5.jpgCrusher 4.jpgCrusher 3.jpgCrusher 2.jpgCrusher 1.jpg

That linkage wont work. Make sure the claw pivot point is above the actuator pivot point in both claw up and down positions.

Th shouldn't be a difficult thing to change, I'll look into it.

Jarvis has worked his magic to come up with a slightly different version, compromised having 6mm hdpe top to allow weight for better supports which gives me an extra 200kg worth or crush, happy days

Crusher V1.5.jpg

Register To Comment