Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall-Out Bot (FW)

Well, with the retirement of Ricochet a new robot must take it's place, and since I still can't afford the stupid money needed for Titan Jr, I'm using the bits I have already for a competitive rammer with some interesting features.
    First off, I already have the innards:

For those who don't know the specs, the drive is a pair of genuine Speed 900s in a Mario made, motor-in-wheel 7:1 gearbox. The wheels are 120mm diameter, 50mm wide with dirt bike tyre. Running the motors on 6S gives a top speed of 26mph, Skyfall was always too fast and hard to control, but that's how I liked it hence I decided against the gyro. Driven as ever by a pair of BotBitz 85A ESCs, the cheapest option for Speed 900s!
    Design is so far an internal Hardox structure with 10mm HDPE bolted on, and an external Hardox frame:

The design is to have multiple bolt-on frames, each with different front ends. The two shown are the standard wedge and the anti-flipper (Beauty) spikes, designed mainly to take advantage of Beauty's open sides in order to ram it all over.
    Another idea I had was that a beefy servo can be used to raise and lower a skid in the back, a bit like Dantomkia, so that it can push the front to the ground most of the time, but can allow it to raise up if needed, such as if the spikes get into raised areas of exposed armour (Beauty).
    Thoughts ?

looks like 720 and tiny toons brown love child… lol

It does actually... Good to know, they both work well! The brown is just to highlight the Hardox, it'll have a proper paintjob when done.

Looks good and nice and simple. Should be quite effective if driven well. Great CAD model too.

I need to learn how to render in sketch up!! The designs are looking quality by the way Jarvis, well done

Yeah, that doesn't look nearly as good as actually rendering in Sketchup
    http://www.indigorenderer.com/sketchup/
    Last edited by Revsmin; 22nd April 2014 at 14:44.

I would turn the motors, and mount them on shock mounts on a spine.

Looks a very interesting design! Having multiple outer frames is definitely quite a novel idea, would like to see how that one pans out...

Just a suggestion, outer frame with a maller on it or something on one side? Would be a cool idea to have an interchangeable thwackbot attachment!

Register To Comment