Register To Comment

Thread: 6 Axis robot repair!

Hi
    Dose anyone know anything about repairing this type of production robot.

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

If you work on this type of machine any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks

Craig

Whats up with it craig? I work with robot arms, but mostly large IRC5 and s4 ABB pick and place robots.

A customer has bought this machine, and wants to use it in a project, he makes 3D printers and laser cutters. when it powers up it comes up with an error code I asked what the code is but he couldn't remember. I imagine the machine is checking telemetry and something is out of tolerance.
    I have never seen one of these types of machines before. but I would like to try to fix it anyway do you need special equipment or software to do this?

thanks
    Dave

Normally they have to be sent back to a home or safe position in manual from the flex pedant/teach pendant before they will boot up, Its worth running a home routine if you can get the errors to clear. You'll need to see what the error code is before you can do anything else really.

What was the arm from previously? Factory/production use? If so the controller might be configured to wait for an external input (safety gate/run signal from a PLC etc)... even if its waiting for an external influence you should still be able to step through the previous code or jog the robot in manual from the pendant... you might have a keyswitch input on the conroller that over-rides the inputs allowing it to run in manual, then you'll probably have a deadmans handle on the pendant? without this held in, it wont move.

Connect it all up and see what happens/see what code you get, Just beware that it could start up at any moment and make sure its bolted down to something solid before you turn it on.

Thanks for that Dave I will try that out.

Register To Comment