Register To Comment
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Featherweight Championship 2014 hosted by RoboChallenge

The base is actually 4.3mm titanium and the bearing blocks are 25mm thick 7075 aluminium. The Ti base is screwed down to my work bench with eight large wood screws but when that resonant vibration kicked in, I was just a bit worried! The front face of the bench is 25mm boxwood, one of the toughest hard woods in Australia and often used for things like rail bridges. Back when I knew a lot less about kinetic energy, I had an 'incident' where a bot punched a hole clean thru that 25mm of wood so now I am much more cautious. Everything was pre-tested apart from the final rev-up to 10K rpm.

The base is actually 4.3mm titanium and the bearing blocks are 25mm thick 7075 aluminium. The Ti base is screwed down to my work bench with eight large wood screws but when that resonant vibration kicked in, I was just a bit worried! The front face of the bench is 25mm boxwood, one of the toughest hard woods in Australia and often used for things like rail bridges. Back when I knew a lot less about kinetic energy, I had an 'incident' where a bot punched a hole clean thru that 25mm of wood so now I am much more cautious. Everything was pre-tested apart from the final rev-up to 10K rpm

This year we have increased the number of entries to the championships to 50 however this may get extended again depending on our final feature layout. Last year all 40 spaces were gone in 2 days so please make sure you get your entries in soon. We wish you all the very best of luck and can't wait to see you all in the arena!

http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/cont...h-to-13th-2014
    Last edited by fra; 10th March 2014 at 16:48. Reason: Updated link

You should be able to pick a qualifying day that suits?

Hi Harry

Our 3 biggest feedbacks from the roboteers last year was to allow more spaces, let people compete on more days and to add an extra day so thats what we have done to try and accommodate as many people as possible including some exciting overseas entries. We fully appreciate this can make it more difficult with work commitments however we would try and help as much as possible. Already have our first entries signed up!

Can't sign up. The form page isn't working for me.

Hi James

We some how accidently paid twice (£20+£20=£40!!!) for some reason. Is there someway of sorting this out???

Cheers

Signed up! See you all there!

Signed up! TS3s got some grudges to settle!!

Register To Comment