Register To Comment
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Featherweight Championship 2014 hosted by RoboChallenge

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    I don't really know the UK robots outside the top seeds, so I am cheekily going to pick me . After looking at the welding job on the new titanium frame, I'd almost be happy to throw it in the arena for 720 and NST to practise on, its 5.7Kg of tough:

http://www.robowars.org/forum/viewto...=74&start=5220
    I'm up against THAT!?....... n nn no problem....

Thanks Dave! Its a worry taking a new bot to such a tough event - I am bringing almost an entire spare bot in extra parts just in case.

I have an email now james, don't know what happened to the original, not even in my junk mail.

LOL, its not all bad Sam - I have a reputation of being the worst bot driver in Australia.

Watch your driving improve astronomically in our fight, I don't suppose your top panel will be made from the robot equivalent of spit and kleenex?

Its made of spit and kleenex with a small amount of polycarbonate The top is definitely the weakest part.

That's what I like to hear! Just need to avoid the huge spinny thing of death and I'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    Its made of spit and kleenex with a small amount of polycarbonate The top is definitely the weakest part.
    To be honest with you, I think that's the same with most machines, mine is definitely the same. 6/7ishmm hardox round the sides, 2.5mm stainless on the top, with some 3mm hdpe in choice places! The power of the spinners means that side armour definitely gets prioritised I think...

OK, I am about ready to pack Mr Mangle up; I don't have a build log on the forum, so here is a quick weapon test video: http://www.robowars.org/forum/viewto...?p=86278#86278

so bin bags for me then yeah?

Register To Comment