Register To Comment
Page 73 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

OOC: Apologies, I've been away followed by my computer being broken when I got back. As a way to get things flowing again, a free item to anyone who updates in the next 24 hours.

As per request

PREVIOUSLY ON THE ODDESTSEY!

PROFESSOR VENGEANCE, MARISA, EUDIAL, EPSILON,PHANTASMIC SLAMMER and, not to be forgotten, TWITCH are on the trail of Titanicman, a beloved and incredibly powerful hero who is apparently the penultimate wielder of rift energy, to bring them one step closer to ending all the sources of rift in the world and end the threat.

LELAND GAUNT and presumably CLEO are set to go meet Ms. Triablos, owner of Triablos Industries. Her technology has been named as a price to get inside the mysterious upper echelons of PTT Corporation - a group so powerful their minds are shielded from the Psy-Corps.

AURELIA and her SPANISH INQUISITION TEAM have taken up the case of some stolen books of rift related knowledge from Melded Grand Library.

After trying to kill her by throwing her off Castle Doomforall, PLAYZOOKI is knocked unconscious by Katia, the Mistress of Kung Shrew.

KHLOE has studied the great mysteries of the Universe and now knows more about the Church of Vengeance that actually exists to the point of reading all the pamphlets that the actual priests never have.

SPOD still drifts eternally in the space between worlds in a mysterious moving shop, beyond all mortal knowing.

Meanwhile, the Tree that rapidly grew over the corpse of Doomforall is now flowering with white blossoms...
    Last edited by alex_holt; 28th May 2014 at 17:38.

[Good to see you back in action, Alex!]

Very well. There's five of us and five of them. I propose we each pick one associate of Titanicman, pay them a visit and attempt to wheedle some more information from them about our meat-headed Messiah. We have to find out if he's the real deal and, more importantly, how we can most effectively kick his bottom.

Ideally, I'd just do it all myself, but why waste extra manpower when you've got it, eh? Any preferences which ones you'd like to interrogate?

A most sensible choice, my computerized compatriot.

I'm tempted to go after the Nutcracker myself on reflection. Magic moonbeams and I likely won't mix, I have enough restraining orders from plucky lady journalists as it is and while this Fairlynasty fellow does sounds more like my cup of tea, I'm concerned I'll end up spending more time swapping weapons contractor details and "almost got 'em" stories and talking team-up with the chap than anything to do with the mission. That is, if he's truly as sensible and sophisticated as his profile suggests.

Who might I have better luck cracking: the A-lister or the C-lister? I honestly wouldn't mind either way.

PHANTASMIC SLAMMER

Due to the recent involvement in stopping the Death of VHS, the team is granted permission to visit the Eggshell prison and is rapidly teleported to outside the prison which is revealed to be literally the upper half of a giant silver-speckled egg several miles in circumference half buried in the earth.

Upon going through various security measures, PS descends in a lift down to one of the lowest levels to the cell where Mecha-titanicanman is kept. The room resembles a concrete pit with a polycarbonate roof several meters thick above, while chained to the floor with mithril chains and a number of EMP beams directed into him. Despite this, his angry glowing green eyes stare up at Phantasmic Slammerr and his massive cybernetic musculature strains against the chains...

"Spanish Inquisition, donkey, to the crime scene! Lets look for clues! Anjushree, we stay in touch with you through the communicator, no one knows more about this stuff than you!"

AURELIA

The Spanish Inquisition descend on the library and Meander unlocks the various doors down to the inner vault - none of them are damaged or look like they have been forced at all, and use keys that Meander keeps around his neck.

Upon a thorough inspection of the room, the following things are noted:

1) Only the exact books taken were disturbed.
    2) The security magic mirror shows the translucent shadow of a humanoid figure in the corner of one frame, but otherwise this figure was able to somehow dodge through the tightly packed shelves without crossing any of the mirrors.
    3) The magic level in the room is higher than normal
    4) The air moisture level is above normal.

Also as promised;

PHANTASMIC SLAMMER, PROFESSOR VENGEANCE and AURELIA

All acquire a one use playing card - apparently duplicated from a more powerful version owned by legendary historical frenchman Maurice Francois. Upon throwing this card on the ground and speaking any yes or no question, the card will answer that, before losing all magic and becoming useless for prophecy/knowledge divining.

Register To Comment