Register To Comment
Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Eudial woke up in time for the cold voice to call out, and saw the tendrils drag the 2D being back in. She jumped to her feet. It was like someone had screamed inside her head, but that was meaningless now... wishing to conceal the vital weapon for now, she instead drew out the holy knife (from the Elven woman's statue in the church) and ran straight towards the building... before realizing the others were with her. She stopped and looked back.

"...coming?" said Eudial, raising her eyebrows.
    Last edited by kodster; 7th May 2014 at 22:08.

Twitch looked around at his surroundings, slightly uncomfortable with the situation he was now involved in, someone's life or death in his ha-well...in his wings. Curse his not having hands. "I guess we have to..." he replied, following Eudial towards the building.

ohpost

The Spanish Inquisition starts chanting a battle cry.

Conesnatcher the squirrel starts sorting out the paperwork.

It's on.
    Last edited by majinb; 7th May 2014 at 22:29.

Marisa follows the others inside. Gotta go rescue the people. Maybe there will be stuff to keep!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmic Slammer
    "Erm, I'd rather follow the group if that's alright mister professor dude. You guys seem to have reached a consensus, I'm in."
    But that's what I meant!

Urgh, forget it. Robots. So literal-minded. Wait for me, chaps!

TEAM HOSTAGE SITUATION

The team enters the building and follows the corridors through - it looks it was a fairly busy building until this situation went down, and would be well maintained if it wasn't for all the items people dropped during the shock of this assault. The lights are still on at this point, but appear to be on emergency power, while all the other technological gizmos this city is filled with are turned off. It is suspiciously quiet.

Eventually they find themselves heading on into the canteen - a room in the centre of the building with very minimal natural light, and as they enter the door is closed behind them. Several dozen hostages of various species are tied up to tables around an area of floor at the rear of the room, including some children. As they look around the room you can see the minions here:

A dark green human-sized rooster samurai
    An Ogre with electrified knuckle dusters
    A Wigglytuff necromancer
    A tedious looking man with a sleazy little moustache holding loads of postcards

However, the leader is clearly the huge bulky figure in dark armour who stands in the centre of the room. On closer inspection it appears to be made of some sort of textured black plastic, and be secured with white joints.

"Not who I was trying to lure out, but you needed to die at some point anyway" the strange figure declares. "I can't have some people resistant to the rift running around, it would be bad form"

There is something about his voice - the quality of his voice doesn't sound quite normal, there is something a bit weird about it - though their questions are answered almost immediatly

"I am the Death of VHS, bearer of the Rift - any last words before you die?"

THE SPANISH INQUISITION

With the combined might of the team, the Demon stands little chance - suddenly finding himself attacked by daggers, the Demon lashes out a few times - but the skills and speed of Aurelia's squad means that the worst that happens if a few scratches on Goldrod's armour and a blast of acid breath dripping off Wentworth's shields for a few minutes. The Demon realises this is a losing battle and attempts to runs off, however Wentworth blasts him in the back with a spectrum beam as he escapes sending the Demon's unconscious face sliding into the mud.

Meanwhile Conesnatcher manages to finish the accounts, it turns out she had just incorrectly worked off new gross income rather than her net income, and had not been accounting for several deductables.

"Thank you great hero, you are truly my saviour! How will I ever thank you?" she says to the Squirrel. "Here, have this Hazelnut cake I was baking earlier!"

Meanwhile, she seems to entirely ignore the rest of the party - and also the large unconscious Demon furhter down the street, which might decide to seek revenge if it wakes up free. There appears to be a police station further down the road which might have some cells if needed.

(OOC: I wish to attack the Leader immediately - but let's discuss attack strategies on Skype, Hostage Situation party!)

Looking through the list of information, Gaunt was already trying to formulate the ideal strategy. Obviously it wouldn't do just go barging in asking for this Phoenix engine, especially not if he was dealing with a true businesswoman. It didn't really help that he had no real money to haggle with, but maybe there could be another way. The accountant listed in this profile might have some personal knowledge about Ms. Triablos and that was a better starting point. And hopefully she wouldn't be as resistant to his charm ability as Eudial had been. That was still annoying him. Gaunt hated not being able to easily manipulate peoples emotions when he wanted to.

He turned to the cat.

"We'll start off going to the company's accountant. If we're going to infiltrate this place we need to know more about it's inner workings. And if we can make a good impression on this fellow it'll be all the better later on."

Register To Comment