Register To Comment
Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Marisa scooted back over to the tree, to see the tree had changed again. "Heeeey, where did the magical bugs go?" she questioned, examining it like she knew what she was doing while she waited for the others to come back so a plan can be had.

As another day has passed the next villain has been summoned: Jorges Remillard - In recent centuries, the Platypirates had been diminishing - their ways of Montreme piracy becoming more common to hire for childrens parties than to rob someone on the high seas. That, was, until Jorges Remillard was gew up and became a leader among his people - bringing pride back to the Platypirates, he got a whole new generation of young Platypirates interested in their folklore. He is a merciless rogue, master of the cutlass and his own poison spurs.

AURELIA
    There is a moment of awkward silence after Aurelia finishes her impationed speech, but then there is a strange glint in the sun... and suddenly shafts of light pepper the upper deck of the Castle, and where each hits, an armoured figure of pure light forms. After a few minutes, 82 radiant members of the Trans-solar Host have materialised before the group.

"We have heard your plea and answered Angel. Your Cause is just, and we will be honoured to fight this threat at your side! Do you have a strategy devised for combating this menace"

MARISA
    Although not asked directly to him, the Botanist answers "They weren't needed anymore, they got what the tree needed. He picked a good spot for this tree he did, it's perfect and managed to bring in things from lots of dimensions. When he is reborn, it should be very impressive indeed!"

Another day passed, and the CRB check for Gaston lets him through: When he was a lad he ate four dozen eggs every morning to help him get large, And now that he's grown he eats five dozen eggs so he's roughly the size of a barge. No one's slick as Gaston. No one's quick as Gaston. No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Gaston. For there's no man in Melded half as manly - you can ask any Tom, Dick or Stanley and they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on.

ESTIMATES ARE THAT UNLESS YOU STRIKE SOON VENGEANCE WILL BURST THROUGH THE FORCEFIELDS TOMORROW
    Last edited by alex_holt; 30th June 2014 at 15:05.

"Isn't Doomface coming out of that thing?" the invisible macaw asked the equally invisible Botanist. "And why are we all fighting?!" he asked the rest of the group without bothering to wait for a response from the Botanist. "And nobody's got the rift here! When Doomface...hatches, or whatever, his memory's going to be wiped, and he's not going to have the rift!" Twitch noticed the rest of the group looking slightly confused at his last remark, so he let out a slight sigh, and began to explain...

"Okay, do you remember when I blew the shell at the beetles? Sally, Eudial, Marisa, you were all there, and I blacked out? I ended up...somewhere, I don't know where, but this Leviathan thing started talking to me, and all I could see was a massive blue eye thing. He told me a bunch of stuff, but I had to do things to get him to, that's why I went flying off earlier. He said that Doomface had tried to cheat death or something, the tree was how he'd done that, and the beetles were going off through a bunch of dimensions and gathering the best bits of all the Doomfaces in all the other dimensions to put together into this one."

"Sally," Twitch continued, "the Leviathan thing told me, ended up with Doomface's powers jumping into her somehow, and the rest of the rift things...which involved the Marranach or something...just wanted to be powerful. We got rid of Sally's rift with whatever Eudial did, but the rest we've gotta kill. Or lock them outside the multiverse, I dunno how to do that."

The invisible parrot paused for a moment, as he tried to recall the rest of what Leviathan had told him. "When Doomface died," Twitch resumed, a little less rambling, "he did something that let him drag Vengeance back here, the rest of us somehow got caught up in that, we all went through rift walls and ended up rift touched...and Leviathan said 'Watch out for the traitor in your team'..."

Twitch hoped the rest of the group would be able to understand what Leviathan had told him more than he would. "By the way, where did you get all the new weapons and stuff?" he added.

"Caspasian! Good to see you and your 81 radiant friends. I wish our reacquaintance occurred under happier circumstances, but there is a job to be done. Let me introduce you to the friends I have made since last we met, The Spanish Inquisition, as well as whoever else is currently in the castle that you haven't met yet..."

*Aurelia informs the 82 members of the Trans-Solar Host of everything she knows, which is presumably more than I, Martijn Maurice Benschop, managed to remember*

"I wonder, Caspasian, in your light form, can you infiltrate Vengancier's vessel through its windows?"

"Maaaan, if we don't fight he'll probably kill us just on principle. He *IS* a bad guy after all, ze." Marisa answered Twitch anyway, "And I have better things to do then get zapped by his evil riftness or whatever."

After listening to the rest of the bird's speech, Marisa widened her eyes, "Oh, guess that explains all the diffrent people in the holes in the tree, there was a bunch of powerful people and then.... some young guy with a glowbox. My head got all weird for a second after seeing that guy, so I had to stop looking. Wish I peeked into the tree a little more now, to see where else the bugs were coming from... (I mean, how cool would it be to see somebody from her own world in there? At least then she'd know who'd be a bad idea to shoot at! Or at least, more of a bad idea then usual.) Oh! and there was a room with weapons and stuff in it. We were kinda in a hurry and just grabbed whatever. Ask George about it."

Marisa turned to the Botanist, "When we get back from blasting the jerk over there, can you teach me more about that tree? I'm curious now. I know about mushrooms, not trees."

AURELIA

Caspasian and the other members of the Trans-Solar Host nod sagely as they are told all the plot details:
    "Accessing the ship is no challenge to us, but the upcoming battle will truely test all of our skills"

TWITCH

George points him in the direction of the weapons room and repeats the instructions - limited access time and the ability to pick any weapon and a side weapons or defensive item.

(OOC: one phrase searches please, it'll be a lucky dip within that phrase eg. "big red laser gun" or "ice beam pistol" - I'll try to find something good within that description)

MARISA
    The Botanist lights up at this suggestion, clearly he would relish the opportunity to talk abotu plants, and there is a good chance that Marisa will get more than she bargained for.

"This tree is very near to completing its cycle though, you should probably get as close a look as you can now - the energy that will be thrown around here when you start your battle will probably be enough for it to hatch! Very exciting, even I have only seen this a once before!"

Twitch managed to locate the weapons room without making any wrong turns at all, which was definitely worth pointing out.

Okay, he was planning to use his bladed wings to do close-quarters attacking, so ideally he'd want something that he could use easily at a distance. Plus some sort of energy shield for defense and protection. Technically, he only really had that helmet of his at the moment. He also needed to remember when choosing his equipment that he had no hands, that was becoming a real problem...

Gaunt stared at the Vengeance-clone. He thought about pulling out The Golden Gun and firing at him. Subsequently he also thought about a smoking crater appearing where he was now standing and hastily dismissed the idea.. He was convinced that no good would come out of this clone succeeding but he also had no interest in sacrificing himself for anyone. Let some other sap do that if they wished. Of course with more and more hired goons appearing around here, some kind of decisive strike by either side seemed agonizingly imminent. He'd rather not be mistaken for one of this lot if his original group came calling. He decided to make one last attempt to get some real information and approached the crab-creature again.

"It looks like you're doing a good enough job finding recruits so I assume something must be happening soon. Since we're all congregating here it better be something more useful than frontline infantry. There has to be someone here that knows what the plan is. I can't speak for everyone here, but I doubt people showed up to be a part of "Operation Meatshield". Even a general idea would be nice at this point."

(OOC, if I don't get round posting a more detailed tactic, Aurelia and her army will join those that attack Vengancier, at all times being protective over those that are less rift resistant, using them as ranged support mostly)

Register To Comment