Register To Comment
Page 37 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator, as Steven so fittingly calls him
    Meanwhile the unconcious Penguin provides an opportunity for looting, about its person it has:

A Chocolate coated Fish bar
    A magnum revolver
    A book of Metapenguin Philosophy
    A worn bowie knife, made of an unusual steel
    Some reflective American Cop Style Sunglasses
    "Warriors!" Aurelia proclaimed, "We stood in the face of tyranny! We can look in the face of our children, or our children's children, or our children's children's children, or in the case of the more long living species amongst you, our children's children's children's children, and say we were there on the day freedom was victorious!"

Aurelia looked at the motionless metapenguin not too far away, she grabbed The Book of Metapenguin Philosophy.

"Let me read some fitting passages out of this book to rejoice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator
    "Save all reality? Nooooo no, it is just a special little seed, and very rare you know. There aren't many Timesplitting Oaks left you know, they are hard to propagate - you have to let them phase into a certain kind of stone and then...*he goes into a long ramble about mineral supplements, temperature variables, acidity and which kinds of music this species prefers (smooth Jazz). All they can do is reboot things of time down different branches of time, nothing bigger than the tree itself"
    Timesplitting? Rebooting?

!

Oh Doomsy, you slippery eel. When all else fails, call a cosmic do-over.

Call me crazy - many do - but I have a feeling His Lordship is going to use your Acorn of Aeons to undo his accidental Armageddon so that he never caused it to happen in the first place. Typical Doomforall, can't stand taking responsibility for his own disastrous flops.

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator
    On hearing the second section the Catalyst, currenly speaking the voice of the asian woman, speaks out "So what you are essentially saying is that Doomforall has roped you into something and you know absolutely nothing - I assume he's left you some instructions at least and from our previous encounters, some sort of bribe?"
    As I just said, if I knew exactly what he wanted and why, I wouldn't be here talking to you, my good woman. You know, for hardened survivors of omnicide, you're not the sharpest tools in the potting shed, are you?

All I know is that he left me this castle so I can fly about, pick up what remains of his clueless corpse (if there's anything left of the blaggard, that is) and dump it in the grounds for a day or two. That's it. Full stop. Fin. O-nay ore-may.

Now are you wise, all-powerful ancients from before the multiverse actually going to tell me something useful and constructive to my quest today, or does George have to hack your holo-feed so you all look like you're wearing clown suits and big floppy hats and broadcast it to every electronic screen within a hundred mile radius?

Epsilon looked on as the Chimera ran off- holding out its arm again, this time retracting its Wrist Cannon.
    "Takes care of that." it thought to itself. It glanced over at the singers looting the Giant Penguin's corpse, silently walked over and took the unusual Bowie Knife, placing it in a storage compartment inside its body. With that, Epsilon began to walk away- its job in protecting the singers done, but unsure of where to go next in this strange world.

Aurelia was orating a chapter of The Book of Metapenguin Philosophy about strength in communities. Her soldiers, Marisa included, carefully listening to every word she said. One individual in her vicinity however did differently.

"AHOY! ANDROID! Let me tell you about not too long ago. I had a dream. I was a machine, 30 years in the future. I hovered a bit, occasionally shit, nuts and bolts and metal sultanas! You, my friend, are living the dream! Biceps of steel, joints of fiberglass, yet the courage to fight for freedom, of yourself and others alike! Allow me to introduce ourselves, we are (OOC: at this point Aurelia names every a cappella singer amongst her posse, including Marisa... in-character Aurelia knows this shit, out of character Martijn does not), and we have assembled here, as has the parrot currently inside the building, to acquire a spaceship here, for the universe needs our saving expertise! Others like us are currently showcasing their talents in other parts of this city, but we are aiming for the stars! Will you come with us?"

Quote Originally Posted by majinb View Post
    Aurelia was orating a chapter of The Book of Metapenguin Philosophy about strength in communities. Her soldiers, Marisa included, carefully listening to every word she said. One individual in her vicinity however did differently.

"AHOY! ANDROID! Let me tell you about not too long ago. I had a dream. I was a machine, 30 years in the future. I hovered a bit, occasionally shit, nuts and bolts and metal sultanas! You, my friend, are living the dream! Biceps of steel, joints of fiberglass, yet the courage to fight for freedom, of yourself and others alike! Allow me to introduce ourselves, we are (OOC: at this point Aurelia names every a cappella singer amongst her posse, including Marisa... in-character Aurelia knows this shit, out of character Martijn does not), and we have assembled here, as has the parrot currently inside the building, to acquire a spaceship here, for the universe needs our saving expertise! Others like us are currently showcasing their talents in other parts of this city, but we are aiming for the stars! Will you come with us?"
    Epsilon turned back. It was hesistant about the idea of working with people it did not know, but since it did not exactly know much about this world, it decided that it would probably be best to work with the singers.
    "Alright." Epsilon answered. "I will assist you for now...but don't expect me to join in your group hugs and picnics. Name's Epsilon."

OOC: Can I have any tactics for Leland and Cleo before I start that fight.

PLAYZOOKI
    After following the sound of battle, Playzooki finds the site of the recent combat, along with Marisa, Aurelia, Epsilon and the singers.

VENGEANCE

"You insolent worm, you have no idea what you talk about. I know you Vengeance, several of us have met versions of you before, always keen to hide behind flash and show, pretending to be a gentleman when you are nothing but a common crook" The Catalyst say in a voice that could freeze volcanoes. Spodra and the Botanist recoil backwards. Even the night pine seems to move away from the cloaked figure.
    "You have not the slightest idea of what I am do you, have not the slightest inkling of what I, we, have done, or why we live when a trillion stars in each of a trillion universes died"

The figure pulls back the hood. What Vengeance sees there is initially what he expected a figure that shifts between a number of form, a noble looking african man, a slender asian woman, a hulking eastern european, a humourless young caucasian woman with large glasses and more. But a second later he sees why the hood is worn. The eyes. The pitch black eyes that he has seen before when Doomforall used his rift powers. The veins beneath all their skin showing through a not quite alive looking black also.

He doesn't know anything how it knows but the reality slams into into his mind in a way that seems to blast his conciousness. These are the predecessors to Doomforall. The wielders of the rift energy in previous multiverses. The ones who ended their friends, their worlds, their galaxies, universes, and almost all of time itself. Compressed into a single being that can never die - the men and women who have been the Catalysts for the End of All Worlds.

"We need to get Doomforall. Now."

Ah.

Oh crumbs...

Er.

Well, I...

Ahehe.

Ho dear.

I mean, I...I-I-I'd love to help you in this most imp-p-portant endeavour, my extrad-d-d-dimensional gentlepersons. The p-problem is, well, I-I think I may have explained already b-but I'd be happy to repeat it. That is to say, I, aheh, I, er, d-don't even know where to begin...

*flinch*

Don't hurt me! It's not my fault! I mean, I-I-I'm still figuring out how to fly his house for God's sake, and-and now we have to search the whole mmmmultiverse to find him!? B-But that's almost very imp-p-probable! Even if you could feed all of your c-c--combined intelligences into the c-castle c-computer, it could take thhhousands of years t-to even reach him! Millions!

Sigh.

Oh. Come on. Please. Just tell me what to do. D=

CLEO

For a few minutes, nothing seems to happen. Perhaps whatever that liquid had been, that wasn't how it worked. Then gradually something seems to happen. Where the Sucker had been limp and drifting there is suddenly some tension in its huge length. Then suddenly the leeches begin to move in a somewhat agitated way. They initially just hunker down, but the smaller ones begin running into larger ones, combining into single organisms, like the reverse of bacteria dividing until eventually a single leech remains, although at this point the resemblance is more to a Dune-esque sand-worm. It doesn't look like this final stage will be escaped without a fight.

VENGEANCE
    The Catalyst replaces the hood and growls "Stop grovelling. We know exactly where he is, you can just about see him with your naked eye from where you stand"

The hologram switches from the Society to the whole room being invisible, and then with a lurch zooms in on the black-speck in the sky, where, as Aurelia, Twitch and Marisa witnessed earlier, Doomforall drifts in space, black root like tendrils encasing him and projecting forth into trying to burrow through the great force field.

"You and your compatriots will need to fight pasts the Rift energy and recover Doomforall if he is still alive (or not for that matter) and then hopefully this crisis will be averted"

Register To Comment