Register To Comment
Page 43 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

Quote Originally Posted by Our Humble Narrator
    EUDIAL

George, perhaps a little overzealous in his new duties, teleports Eudial to Doomforall's castle, as what had appeared to be some vintage wooden panelling slides down to reveal the Witch standing on a teleport pad a few meters from where Vengeance is standing. She looks like she wants to be sick again.
    Aha! Company at last! George, send a memo to the cyber-chef that we've guests for tea and activate all hospitality protocols in Doomsy's databanks. If a slap-up dinner party doesn't lighten up this lot, I don't know what will!

Hm? Oh, yes, yes. Hello, hothead.

Now then, I swear I saw a file in this drive labelled Underpa...

GYAH!

George, you're supposed to let me know when you're beaming people in here! Honestly, does the universe want me to have a stroke in mid-flight? Really!

But wait. That thing in her hand...

Yoink!

Good lord. You actually did it, didn't you?

Hehe! What do you know? You did! My hat! It's all here! Barely a scratch or a scuff or a fibre out of place! Back on the bonce, you sexy thing! Heady missed you so much! Hehe!

My apologies, Ms...I'm sorry, how does it go again? You-dial? You-dee-al? You see, this is why I don't take on the magic heroes. I get so embarrassed when I can't say the names right!

At any rate, my dear, it appears that I have misjudged you. You could have melted my chapeau with a single grumpy thought anytime you wanted and either left me for dead in my own little adventure or done the job yourself right now. But you didn't. And you haven't. And to be honest, even I'm a little surprised by that.

I'm still not putting you any of you on the Christmas card list any time soon, but you at least have managed to win my trust. Congratulations.

Shake and make up? I won't even try and dig out the oven gloves. They are somewhere in these silly pockets, I'm sure.
    Last edited by steven_mcg; 7th April 2014 at 00:06.

THE CASTLE

It would seem that if nothing else, Doomforall had some high end catering options available in this place; before long a large spread of food accounting for all the individual species tastes of the group is laid out in the main dining hall, George informs the group that he detected a mechanism the sole purpose of which seemed to be to duplicate the mental patterns of any chef in the world in the cooking golem, allowing it to replicate any style of cooking imaginable, though at the minute it's seemingly just set to a custom mix of Doomforall's favourites.

However, as dinner comes to a close, George has finished processing data and informs you that the power levels of the rift emanating from Doomforall are increasing, and so the longer you put off confronting him the more dangerous it will be. If not done shortly (before Thursday night real world) the liklihood of major injuries or fatalities will begin to increase exponentially. Currently the power levels are as such where it should be achievable with a 5% chance for any one party member to be hurt.

CLEO

The Sucker responds

"They have a skyscraper in the Central City *an image is projected into the minds of both Cleo and Gaunt*, but what exactly they do in that is difficult to say - they are a technology company of some sorts, covering the whole spectrum from basic household items to military grade hardware. However, even beyond that, over 50% of their revenue is considered classified to the point where they managed to get a Murder-injuction against the Psi-corps, that being any psychic who intercepts the classified information has an entirely legal assassination order put out on them. At best from energy readings we can assume it has something to do with teleportation. The only real defining feature we can say is they tend to favour the use of various power gems in their products, and they are easily the most powerful pure Tech-company in the city.

"Interesting," Gaunt mused. He turned to the cat. "Yes, I imagine we should join up with the others on the flying Castle. Who knows what kind of trouble Eudial could have already stirred up."

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    George, perhaps a little overzealous in his new duties, teleports Eudial to Doomforall's castle, as what had appeared to be some vintage wooden panelling slides down to reveal the Witch standing on a teleport pad a few meters from where Vengeance is standing.
    "WHA - "

Eudial was teleported instantly into the castle. Lo and behold! suddenly there stood the man she hated... apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_mcg View Post
    Aha! Company at last! George, send a memo to the cyber-chef that we've guests for tea and activate all hospitality protocols in Doomsy's databanks. If a slap-up dinner party doesn't lighten up this lot, I don't know what will!

Hm? Oh, yes, yes. Hello, hothead.

Now then, I swear I saw a file in this drive labelled Underpa...

GYAH!
    "NYAAAAH!!!" Eudial jumped back a few feet, at least, tripped and nearly fell over. There was no warning what-so-ever, and now Eudial was angry. She cursed.
    George, you're supposed to let me know when you're beaming people in here! Honestly, does the universe want me to have a stroke in mid-flight? Really!
    "You?! YOU have a stroke?! Damn it my heart's going that fast..." said Eudial in shock... before realizing she didn't really have one... well, not in spirit anyway. "Oh. Yes. Hello," she said reproachfully, but deigning to keep her voice light.
    Yoink!
    "Hey!" That wasn't very nice...
    Good lord. You actually did it, didn't you?

Hehe! What do you know? You did! My hat! It's all here! Barely a scratch or a scuff or a fibre out of place! Back on the bonce, you sexy thing! Heady missed you so much! Hehe!
    Eudial rolled her eyes; it was this kind of behavior that reminded her of Mimete. Fashion first and foremost... and not so much focus on the task at hand.
    My apologies, Ms...I'm sorry, how does it go again? You-dial? You-dee-al? You see, this is why I don't take on the magic heroes. I get so embarrassed when I can't say the names right!
    Wait, WHAT? Is he... APOLOGIZING?! Eudial shook her head rapidly to make sure it was still working. Catching the last sentence, she replied, mumbling, "Pronounce it whichever way you wish, it doesn't largely matter." God damn it, don't make a fool of yourself.
    At any rate, my dear, it appears that I have misjudged you. You could have melted my chapeau with a single grumpy thought anytime you wanted and either left me for dead in my own little adventure or done the job yourself right now. But you didn't. And you haven't. And to be honest, even I'm a little surprised by that.
    "Not for lack of wanting to... I'll admit I came close," growled Eudial. "But something held me back. No, not fear of death or suffering or whatever you'd like to call it. I just felt that there was no need for its destruction. Probably a reminder that there were certain things that were, ah... more important. Judging by your reactions, I'm sure you agree."
    I'm still not putting you any of you on the Christmas card list any time soon, but you at least have managed to win my trust. Congratulations.
    Eudial smiled, maybe a little sourly, but then again she was still feeling somewhat ill-disposed towards the Prof.. Interesting. So she'd truly gained his trust, yes? Just the thing a villain would try and convince her of. Still, the face of good will was better than nothing. So let's keep it that way. "Quite interesting..." said Eudial. "Even though I displayed psychopathic tendencies back down there, you would welcome me with open arms - though, not quite as much as either of us would like. I respect that, and I receive your hospitality well. Just remember not to be too friendly with the wrong sort. I expect you know that rather well, too."
    Shake and make up? I won't even try and dig out the oven gloves. They are somewhere in these silly pockets, I'm sure.
    "Oh very well, very well, though I don't expect such things would affect me much at all. There, now let's go."
    It would seem that if nothing else, Doomforall had some high end catering options available in this place; before long a large spread of food accounting for all the individual species tastes of the group is laid out in the main dining hall, George informs the group that he detected a mechanism the sole purpose of which seemed to be to duplicate the mental patterns of any chef in the world in the cooking golem, allowing it to replicate any style of cooking imaginable, though at the minute it's seemingly just set to a custom mix of Doomforall's favourites.
    Eudial stared. She had suddenly never felt so hungry. All dignity was thrown aside as she began to eat ravenously.
    However, as dinner comes to a close, George has finished processing data and informs you that the power levels of the rift emanating from Doomforall are increasing, and so the longer you put off confronting him the more dangerous it will be. If not done shortly (before Thursday night real world) the liklihood of major injuries or fatalities will begin to increase exponentially. Currently the power levels are as such where it should be achievable with a 5% chance for any one party member to be hurt.
    Oh, GREAT. Eudial hadn't given much thought to Doomforall since arriving at the castle, but now the thought was forced upon their minds again. So how are we supposed to stop this? She looked at the others.

"Is the status quo now pretty much that we'll ALL go to Doomforall?
    Or have others got their own agenda?"

Well, I don't know about you lot, but I would so very love to get a sample of whatever that...thing is Doomsy has managed to get himself tangled up in. If I can be provided enough cover, George and I can slip around wherever its back is and take a little piece of it back here after the battle for analysis. With the advanced systems in this place combined with my own trinkets and expertise, I'm almost positive I'll be able to find a more permanent way to see the blaggard off.

After all, this would be our first little tête-à-tête with the cause of this mess. Who knows how much lasting harm we'll actually be able to cause? I say we swoop in, kick sand in its face, grab Doomsy and get the hell out of there before it realises what on earth just happened.

"Not too long ago, I wouldn't have agreed with you," said Eudial. "But you speak sense. We don't know what the hell that thing is, and this Doomforall fool is almost certainly the key here. The thing is..." she looked hard at Vengeance. "I am not sure if removing Doomforall from those rift things would cause the destruction to quicken. And if it does, well... I'd like to move quite faster, wouldn't you?"

Eudial paused. "Where are the other two? The demon and the cat, I mean. I thought they were supposed to have followed us."

George responds:

"Only you requested transport - should I have transported the Feline and the Demon?"

Register To Comment