Register To Comment
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Mini-Tournament of Death 5

Capital matches, old cake! Top hole!

HEAT B
    ROUND 1
    Coldforge VS Creature from the Black Lagoon VS Cryoseism VS KILLOTINE: EVO

Three scary super-spinners. Lucky me.

The only way I'm surviving this is to play passive and only use the axe when I know it's not going to hit a 200mph lump of death. The Creature has the lowest traction and the most grabbable shape, so I'll go for it first. I'll aim to charge the wheels, avoiding that horrid disc where I can, and shove it into either the House Robots or the spinning bumper. I'll only fire the axe when I know I won't hit the flywheel. Repeat until it stops moving.

As for the other two, lord knows. If Cryoseism's polycarbonate is thin enough for my axe to do its job, then I'll first charge it rear-first to stop the spinning shell, then whirl around and dive underneath before it can spin up proper again. Hammer 'n' grapple 'n' feed it to the other House Bot. If Cryoseism proves either too tough or too dangerous, I'll use the same tactics on Coldforge and attempt to either puncture the tyres or grapple one of the wheel-houses instead.

Providing I last more than twenty seconds, this should be a corker, Kody!

And onward we march! Here's the next fight!

Cryoseism vs. Creature From Black Lagoon vs. Coldforge vs. Killotine: EVO

A major tournament veteran, Cryoseism is a newbie to the mini-tournament with its 6mm stainless steel spinning shell and steel teeth. It has decent drive as well, but its srimech is iffy at best. It didn't come 4th in Crash & Burn 5 for nothing though.
    Mini-Tourn History: None

Pretty much an S3 clone, Creature From Black Lagoon arises from the depths with a 20kg vertical flywheel. However, it's more powerful than the S3 weaponry and faster too. It has Ti/V armour as well, and TaN-style Hardox wheels... however, they're going to be exposed, and with 2 other deadly spinners in this fight, that's bad... not to mention it isn't the most powerful spinner in the melee...

Another ice-cool spinner arrives in the form of Coldforge, another Crash & Burn 5 veteran, though it didn't meet with as much success as Cryoseism did. It hopes to rectify that with its Ringmaster-style friction driven spinning ring, powered by an ETEK. Its ring is 8.3mm titanium, spins at about 1500rpm and can dish out 87.3kJ. However, its drivetrain isn't that great and its wheels are exposed from the top.

And our final melee entrant here is NOT a spinner, but rather our third axe of the heat, in the form of Killotine: EVO! Like Mobile Failure, it's a great all-rounder with 3.25mm Hardox armour, 2 LEM130s powering the 4WD, and a nice axe. Unfortunately the axe is rather sub-par compared to the other two, but you can bet that it'll continue firing until the end of the fight. The box-wedge also has a front spatula-like scoop for getting other robots.

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots: Exa-Gore-Ic Quattro, King Leer

ACTIVATE!

The deadly whirling weapons in this fight are spinning up to full speed... Killotine would be quaking! But instead it goes for Creature From Black Lagoon! However, Coldforge intercepts him! CRAAAAAASH!!! Killotine is spun away, its side skirt already a ghost of its former self! The Creature seems to know what's going on, because it suddenly moves after Killotine as well! Killotine can't move around it in time and - CRAAAAAAAASH!!! Killotine is upended by the mighty vertical spinner! Cryoseism barges in before Killotine can even THINK of self-righting! CRASH!!! It isn't as spectacular, due to the many teeth on Cryoseism's shell, but there are some dents in the side of Killotine now! Not only that, it didn't use enough force to send Killotine away from the once again appearing Coldforge, who strikes Killotine in the other side! CRAAAAAAASH!!! Now that's a BIG dent! Steve feared it... but indeed all three spinners have teamed up on him! And now their constant battering of Killotine is REALLY starting to have an effect on the bloody axebot! CRASH! CRASH! CRAAAAASH!!! Killotine is getting deformed! He finally self-rights out of the mess and escapes... just as Coldforge moves in and "accidentally" gets a massive shot in on Creature's Hardox wheel! CRAAAASH!!! It's not taken off, but the wheel is bent off the axle and is barely on! And... uh, I think that's it! It wasn't taken off, but there's no mistake that the Creature moving in arcs right now has half his mobility now disabled! Disc still spinning, but going nowhere fast, the Creature sulks and sits there as The Watcher moves in for the count-out. But as that's happening, Cryoseism moved in on Killotine again and carved into the side of Killotine's wedge, now actually getting through the Hardox! Coldforge assists its fellow 360-degree spinner by driving straight into the other side! CRAAAAAASH!!! Killotine gets beaned into Cryoseism, the side now REALLY beaten into, full of gouges and dents! Thing is... Killotine has Cryoseism right in front of him! Down comes the axe! Cryoseism is snagged!

With his new cylindrical toy in tow, Killotine wards Coldforge off, who backs off, but its slow drivetrain means Killotine catches up to it rather easily! CRAAAAAAASH!!! Coldforge slashes into Cryoseism's shell and tears at least one tooth straight off! Coldforge itself goes pinging away, but Killotine is right after him, and... decides a better tactic would be to deliver Cryoseism towards one of the hazards! With reckless abandon, Killotine plunges himself toweards the spinner! Nick looks visibly alarmed and tries to get Cryoseism out of that predicament, but no way, jose! CRAAAAAAAASH!!! The hazard manages to tear a very deep gouge into the shell itself, and both robots get flung away. Cryoseism is dislodged from the axe of Killotine, which is now horribly bent! My goodness, isn't that a powerful hazard?! Cryoseism now cannot spin up at all... and here comes Killotine, its axe out, but bent! It's trying to finish Cryoseism off, but then Badnik says hello, as Coldforge makes its mark in the side of Killotine! CRAAAAAAAAAAASH!!! Killotine and Coldforge are separated at least 20 feet from each other... and now the bell has tolled for Killotine... wait! Cryoseism isn't moving now either! What's going on?! Who moved last?! Coldforge doesn't exactly know what to do... so it returns to mid-arena and The Watcher counts both robots out, ending the match in complete confusion!

CEASE!

What a twist! Certainly an intriguing end result, for sure. We'll have to replay the video here and figure out exactly who stopped moving first... Coldforge is through for sure and Creature From Black Lagoon is being carted from the arena as we speak... Sam's trying to find the other wheel. Ah, there it is.

Aaaaand I'm being told, that Killotine: EVO was the one who was immobilized first! That's it! It's over! Cryoseism better thank his lucky stars, Nick's got a lot of repair work to do.
    ----
    Killotine: EVO gets the early chop yet again, and the Creature never even arose from the Lagoon, he just sank lower! Coldforge smelts itself a Round 2 seat while Cryoseism limps after him.
    Last edited by kodster; 2nd April 2014 at 19:56.

Next round!

Heat B
    Round 2
    Cryoseism vs. Mobile Failure 2.5
    Black Panther vs. Coldforge

Tactics, predictions, thoughts on how Round 1 was, you know the drill.

DO NOT GET AXED.
    Spin up and smash them. Aim for the corners if I can.
    DO NOT GET AXED.
    Keep my distance if my weapon's not up to speed.
    DO NOT GET AXED.
    Keep out of reach of hazards, walls, etc.
    DO NOT GET AXED.

Good luck. =D

Ooh that was a particularly badass performance from black panther. Tactics here are to charge in and axe - the top of Coldofrge is only aluminium and there in that cad the armour is very snug to the wheels - plenty of opportunity to cave the armour into the wheels to immobilise it. I'm a good deal faster so I shall use that to control the keep on the attack before he can get to speed.

Killotine doesn't like spinners.

Killotine does like taking at least one of them with him in a TKO.

Yeah, me like.

Axebots, avenge me!

If I don't take charge right away I'm screwed! :v

Charge! Charge like the idiot that I am! Keep my front end on him as much as possible and axe often! If he ends up behind me, push him with that end! If I can, gonna take him into other things that hurt, but most axe him often!
    Exclimation points!!!!!!1!

OMG! All four tactics so quickly! Well, here's yer reward: TWO fights!

Heat B
    Round 2
    Cryoseism vs. Mobile Failure 2.5

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots: Teresa, Exa-Gore-Ic Quattro

ACTIVATE!

We begin! Mobile Failure charges with all her LEM130-powered might! But guess what - Cryoseism is already away! Too late, and now that bad-ass shell is already up to speed! Mobile Failure doesn't care and goes right after it... but Cryoseism makes a tricky manoeuvre! It gets at the corner of Mobile Failure! It strikes! CRAAAAAAASH!!! Separation! Both bots feel it! Mobile Failure's armour has taken a bit of a denting but she's otherwise fine, other than being right near them dern paddles! PLUNK. Mobile Failure gets catapulted! And as she tumbles, Cryoseism has gotten back up to speed, but must taken care in avoiding the opposite paddles himself! Mobile Failure's right back after Cryoseism, though, and - CRAAAAAASH!!! Ooh, that's gonna leave a mark!! That was an intense hit, and it's definitely dented in the 4mm Ti/V armour now! More importantly, the bots are separated again and Mobile Failure can't capitalize before Cryoseism is back up to speed! But Mobile Failure continues to try! CRAAAAAASH!!! This time, Cryoseism couldn't move past the front end and puts a major hit on the front armour of Mobile Failure, causing a lot of sparks and a bit of a dent, but little more. However, this hit doesn't exactly send Mobile Failure that far! Instead it pings Cryoseism almost the entire way across the arena! Mobile Failure hastily chases after it, but Cryoseism's - CRAAAASH!! It's another big hit! But Mobile Failure has the front in again and Cryoseism goes sailing! They hit the wall! Mobile Failure closes the distance, and manages to finally stop them! Oh no, with that axe... - WHACK!!! In it goes, straight THROUGH the polycarb and only impeded by the axe arm coming into contact with the stainless steel shell! But with Cryoseism having absolutely nowhere to go... Mobile Failure is free to hammer away! WHACK!!! WHACK!!! WHACK!!!!! It seems Nick's tactic of "DO NOT GET AXED" didn't work out that well - Cryoseism is just getting pasted before his very eyes! Parts are separating, we can now see! And... and... 30 seconds have passed, Tracy, back off now. Mobile Failure carefully moves away from the wall... but Cryoseism doesn't follow! All that axing has likely butchered it to death! Teresa gets near the smoking lump that is now Cryoseism, but it won't go on fire just yet. The Watcher is too quick for Teresa!
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!

CEASE!

Cryoseism is shaked'n'baked! Mobile Failure defies logic again and mobilizes into the Final!

----

Black Panther vs. Coldforge

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots: King Leer, Count Bleck

ACTIVATE!

The spinning ring of Coldforge begins its ascent to maximum RPMs, and Black Panther hurries in with every intention of making sure that doesn't happen... but sadly, it does! And... well that wasn't the greatest hit, owing to Black Panther's unusual shape, but it still makes a bit of a dent. On the other hand, Coldforge has hardly lost any momentum, so Black Panther moves in some more, and takes more glancing hits trying to get Coldforge under control. Coldforge is trying to get around Black Panther but he's not too fast, so Alex is able to keep the wintery spinner at bay. Eventually they get to the wall, and Coldforge smashes into it at nearly full speed! CRAAAASH!!! The wall, made of very thick Hardox, takes the absolute tiniest of dents as Coldforge goes pinging away! Ah, see, spinners, we're on to your games this time. No arena breaking anymore! But Black Panther is looking for a break, a breaking of Coldforge that is! And as the Ignition spinner tries to find some room to manoeuvre, Black Panther is already in his face, and down comes the axe! It goes nearly straight through the 6.35mm aluminium, and when it retracts there's a deep cut! Black Panther tries to push, but he's only going slowly, so he decides to continue axing Coldforge... and after a few more hits, the top armour looks like more than crumpled tinfoil! Black Panther tips Coldforge up with its flipper, trying to rattle something loose, but they just come right back down. Black Panther now has to back off, but Coldforge continues to move... and begins to spin again! Black Panther hurries back in, but not swift enough! CRAAAAASH!!! Okay, now that was a big hit! Coldforge was wedged so far up, they hit the polycarbonate protectors on top of Black Panther and tore one right off, also bashing in the axe somewhat! The second hit wasn't the best though, and now Black Panther has cornered Coldforge again! More axe blows, and Coldforge looks heavily beaten now... and as another 30 seconds pass, Black Panther gets to Count Bleck's CPZ and tips Cold forge into it... where Coldforge gets struck by the devilish antaognist! Bleck is forced back into his corner by the hit, by Coldforge goes absolutely soaring across the arena, its ring gashed up, and it lands some distance from the corner adjacent! Black Panther is after him, but there's no need - Coldforge is frozen in its tracks! It looks like the spinners have lost the heat! Black Panther backs off and allows The Watcher to sidle in for the count-out. The ref obliges!
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!

CEASE!

Where was Coldforge actually forged, the Yeti's basement or something? Black Panther pounces in the Final and basks in the sunlight!

And so we quickly find the final heat!

Heat C

Empty Inside vs. S.O.T.A.R. v2 vs. Gehenna 2 vs. Under Pressure
    Truth or Consequences vs. Tengu VII vs. Good For It vs. Wedge Devolution

Tactics, predictions, thoughts so far, the good ol' stuff.

Register To Comment