Register To Comment

Thread: Flag Robotics' new [completely recycled] beetleweight!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So I've been watching the beetleweights builds on the forum progress, and I've decided to join in with it all! Problem is, I've got practically no money to build a brand new machine, so instead I'm going to use all the leftover and scrap parts from HardWired and HardWired Evolution (which I just call I because it's easier).

I'm thinking of using drill motors for drive, since that's really all I've got bar these http://www.technobotsonline.com/model-motor-size-c.html which aren't really powerful enough even for antweights I don't think. Aside from that, I'm probably going to be using 3mm aluminium for a chassis, and some other armour on top of that if it doesn't end up being too heavy... Will probably get to work on this tomorrow, so I'll post some pictures up then.

Edit: Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention, I am looking around to see if I've got any lighter drive solutions since I'm debating going for a full-bodied spinner. We got some new pans and related cooking items in, and so the old ones are being recycled.
    Last edited by Flag Captured; 12th February 2014 at 01:28.

Register To Comment