Register To Comment
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring Brick

The machine will be less tall hence the smaller wheels yes and a few machines this year used 12v drills on 18v no problem, tehy will of course be on the edge but the smaller wheels with make it easier on the gearboxes. Still be using the scoop yeah it's too nice a thing not too, i'll get some money over to you when i get paid next month for it.

The wrapped Hdpe idea actually came from Carcinus, it just gives that extra bit of stuff for a spinner to chew on without damaging the actual main chassis, plus it covers all of the joins on the body so there's less to grab on to.

What Matt said .

Those Turnigy nano tech Lipo batteries are getting better, particularly the A-spec ones. The local experience is that the current delivery is fine but they don't last as long as the big name brands.

All of my gears were metal at this years champs anyway, i'd never use anything but. I've got tonnes of metal gears spare so i shouldn't have a problem, it may be that i look at 18v drills at some point if i find they aren't coping and also i may stick a 6s lipo in for the uk champs next year depending on whether i feel the axe is stupidly powerful enough, at which point 18v drills would be a must.

No worries, whenever you're alright to pay that's fine! No rush
    Regarding the gearboxes, they might have run well this championships, but I don't know how much they've worn - they'll definitely have a reduced lifespan at 18v - wouldn't suggest going any higher though! Could always make a gearbox like mine and use those 850 Torpedo motors too if you fancied something different/more powerful - drills are fine but it's always an option!

Ah yeah, Carcinus is pretty good at sponging hits from the spinners, I think we had NST on the run in the champs - we'd have had him if he hadn't gotten my link (still want that rematch btw)
    If you can maintain the angles on the front with the scoop and that on the back, you'll have a very tough machine to take on I think, might not be able to outright deflect spinners as much as say Tiny Toon or HardWired can, but having that extra bit of material for them to chew onto is always a good tactic.

I did consider making my own gearboxes, still a possibility I suppose, that or I could get some of those bosch motors that 360 uses as they sell on ebay sometimes for quite a good price. I think I could do with a more powerful drive system in Hatchet 2 just in case the axe fails, that way I can use the scoop and push stuff around.

if yo go for a set of ryobi drill, i use them in all my featherweights and they did quite well when shoving things round

Awesome thanks mate very helpful advice

if your going for 6s then i would get the 18v drills and 100mm wheels and you should get between 8-10 mph depending on the battery's charge

on a quick brows i found this 1 which i think is the 18v equivalent of the 1s i have
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ryobi-18v-...item48650ad3e7
    Last edited by plargen; 18th April 2014 at 14:16.

I'm still undecided what motors to use for the drive, the bosch 35w look nice but the need for a custom wheel mounting option is a bit tricky and drill motors have let me down once already, i suppose better quality drills would solve that though for the most part

Register To Comment