Register To Comment
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Antweight help

Do I need to have a fuse and power light or is it not necessary at this size?

Yeah, rules state you'll need a 50 amp maxi fuse and a 9 LED lamp.

Naaaahh, just messing with you. No fuse or power light needed. But the led in the receiver effectively acts like a power light anyway.

So now looking like I can just about get it in weight (will I get away with being like a gram over as not too sure about the accuracy as my scales!
    But the bad news is that I fitted the lightest switch I could find and I think it's welded itself together, so I thought about replacing it with a removable link made from male and female header pins like this:

Do you guys think this will handle the amps?

That's absolutely fine in terms of sticking to the rules. But it might fly off in battle. Maybe ever-so-slightly bend the pins so the jumper is a tight fit. It will definitely handle the amps.

Damn, looks like I wired the battery in the wrong way round! I don't have the parts at home to try to change it around at home so will have till tomorrow at school to rewire and see if the sabertooth still works. Does anyone know if a reversed battery normally breaks it or if it has reverse polarity protection?

I blew a sabretooth, I accidentally touched a wire across it. I contacted Dimension Engineering and they replaced it free of charge, they even paid return postage from the US. Fantastic customer service.
    Its probably worth pointing out that I initially asked them where I could get the components and they offered to repair it if I returned it, I wouldn`t just ask outright for a replacement.

It has broken, but a new one has been ordered and should be here tomorrow. I may try to contact dimension engineering but I got it from technobots not directly from then and have removed all the screw terminals and shortened the wires so not sure how happy they will be to fix it!

Register To Comment