Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardox

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone had any 3.2mm hardox they could sell? I'm after 1 sheet 550x135mm and 2 sheets 90x500mm. Cheers

Just get some 4mm. Far cheaper and easier to come by. 3.2mm isn't manufactured anymore.

Or do you take Creusabro 4800 which is also available in 3mm!

I'm totaly dissapointed in Creusabro 4800. The disk of Valkiri 2 lasted only a few hits.

It's a lot softer than Hardox 450. To be comparable, you'll need Creusabro 8000. And that isn't available in 3mm.

Where does everyone get their Hardox from? Sorry to go slightly off topic here, but I'm looking to get a 5kg, 200-ish mm hardox disc made (10mm if it's viable) and I have literally no idea where to get it from, nor how much it'd cost... I know it'll likely cost a fortune getting it cut and the like, but that's another story!

I have aquired Hardox from Kos (TAN builder), as he can order full sheets.
    Last time we did that , a few DRG members bought 1 6m*2.5m sheet of 3.2mm
    I'm on my last 0.6m² now

I would be also be interested in 3.2mm as stated on previous threads,

As stated in other threads and posts. SSAB doesn't roll 3.2mm anymore. Our contacts advice the higher grades of Weldox to replace thin Hardox.

if it works all good

Please contact your local SSAB dealer, and tell us the results of your talks.
    Over here we know we can buy a full sheet of whatever SSAB makes. And a full sheet is 6m*2.5m.

The Hardox was about £4 a kilo when we bought it. And a sheet that size is 415 kg. Add transport, and you know it was rather expensive.

Register To Comment