Register To Comment
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Attention Beetleweight builders!

very nice the width will cause driving issues and will make the gyro turning worse but looks great should get onto mine at some point, what drive motors are you using ?

My thinking was the same as Harry's?

Too much weight over the front, try bigger wheels and reducing the friction under the weapon.

Make the weapon bigger and faster

it might run better on a metal floor rather than wood.

Just a suggestion Harry, how about some tiny magnets at the back? I'll be bringing the things I bought, chances are they'll do jack to stabilize what I'm building, so you're free to try them.

Had quite a few people asking me over the course of the weekend where I got the servo from that powers Flatulence's flipper. It's the biggest one available on Giant Shark:

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/...vo-20kg-torque

Not the fastest but reasonably sturdy. It was plugged in directly to the receiver which, in turn, drew power from a 6V external BEC. The flipper arm was connected directly to the servo horn on one side, with a support bolt attached to the servo base for the other side of the arm to connect to.

I just need to combine it with drive motors that can still push when something's partially lifted on the arm.

Register To Comment