Register To Comment
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Beetleweight builders!

Personally can't wait to see what everyone come up with :P

I must be mad, I'm the only one not building a spinner . Althought a lot of weight will go into my weapon

Still the idea with the S900 replica motor?

I don't think loads of spinners will be a problem to begin with; with the high-speed/low-cost brushless setups, a lot of weapons will probably be too powerful for themselves and many will probably suffer chassis failure or self-inflicted damage, especially since it's a new weight class and little things like how strong various bits need to be have yet to be properly sussed. Once they're ironed out some time down the line, then it might get a bit more damaging or 'samey'.
    Last edited by RogueTwoRobots; 5th June 2013 at 09:03.

Yeah, same idea, just need some money to make it happen

Digital scoreboard parts assembled. Traffic light F1 style start lighting led/pcbs assembled. 3 minute countdown clock ready. lots of relays, wiring and a couple of boxs to make up. There will be 2 boxes....with control panel, points will be scored in the 50's and 100's. A good hit, flip or whatever 100 points. anything else that is deemed aggression...50 points. judges will just press either 100 or 50 button. start fight button which will start the clock countdown. when 3 mins are up the points buttons will be offline so no more points can be scored. I think this way you will get your full 3 mins fight every time not just when its good for the show..and the points will be scored during the fight for all to see. the judges will also have their own displays duplicated smaller on their control panels.

Sounds epic!

Sounds really cool, looking forward to seeing it

This all sounds great! I'll be bringing a beetle along to deeside

Register To Comment