Register To Comment
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Beetleweight builders!

I've got the first sort of trial of my beetle working. It's made purely out of recycled parts from other machines and bits of things I found laying about the house. The main chassis is kind of made of plywood, but that's not permanent, hopefully. Going to have 2mm aluminium that I've got spare from HardWired as the chassis and main shell, then I'm hoping to find something to make a disc or drum out of for the back (opposite side to the wedge). It's all a work in progress, and will likely end in tears and/or large amounts of fire, but the sentiment's there I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=SZHZO0SVKkk
    Last edited by Flag Captured; 22nd June 2013 at 23:07.

is that driven on servo and microswitches?. and thats good made completely from recycled parts lying around. I would get some armour on it tho

It is indeed! It used to be in HardWired but I'm buying some proper ESCs for it, so I thought I'd rehome it! Handles very nicely considering, the motors are quite torquey but slow so it suits it well
    And thanks too! I fell quite lucky with some of the things I've found about, like that spare battery and speedo for what will eventually become the weapon! I definitely need to fashion a shell for it too, especially after seeing RPM not a couple of posts earlier... can't see it ending well without any!

I've got some scrap aluminium (same stuff I made HardWired's chassis/shell from) so that should work, I'm hoping... if not, I'll still use it and polish it somewhat excessively haha!

Awesome! I did something almost identical with my real robots motors and gearboxes years ago.

Thanks! The motors themselves are surprisingly good in all honesty, can't see them being a permanent solution (plastic gears and all), but it's free so why not? Easy to mount as well, quite a handy bit of kit! Might be able to find a use for those LEDs that it had too...
    I've got a ludicrously oversized but light motor (for this application, anyway) for a drum spinner on the front too, just need to make a decent drum first!

Harry, that looks immense! But at the same time, it also looks massive
    I know that's probably due in part to it being in the same picture as an AW, but still looks waaay bigger than either of my part-built beetles. What are its dimensions?

Register To Comment