Register To Comment
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Psyclone: The Uprising (Of Build Diaries)

Right, thanks.
    How would I attach the shaft to the robot itself? Could I use rotating bearings either side of it to hold it in place, and use a couple more closer to the timing pulley?

EDIT: Ignore that, I've just realised that the pulley can rotate on a fixed shaft.
    Last edited by TeamPsyclone; 21st April 2013 at 20:35. Reason: I forget things.

Popping in for another question: Though I intend to use two motors with the hacked TZ85as, is it possible that they could run two 12v motors each? Or would that be too much stress?

They should handle two standard drill-size motors easily, as they do in our setup. I have never even felt them get warm, either when we were running 12v motors at 18v nor now, with the motors being 18v and the gearbox ratios being lower.

Righty, Thanks. So, I've spent a couple more hours in what seems to be a blazing sun today attaching a little scoop/wedge to the robot. pretty well held on by my standards, but I just can't get it to bend, so that it's flush. It just makes the robot's front stick up a couple centimetres.

How would I fit a needle roller bearing to the robot, so that the shaft spins? Or, how would I fit the shaft to spin, through 4 20x20mm bars?

More questions, as usual.

Where can I find 18v Limit switches, suitable for the sort of stresses that a feather produces?

Finally, progress! Took two drills apart, managed to get the motors working properly. I never knew Argos Drills had metal gears. Pretty good for £12. Did most of it last night, but got fed up when a trio of ball bearings refused to come out. I took the gearbox casing off, they popped right out. (Not without stabbing myself with the screwdriver. Multiple times.)

Well, it's back to square 2.5, as the robot... Imploded, really. The place where the bars joined was melted, not welded, so as I was drilling (Managed to break a drill bit, and hurt me thumb ) The side snapped in on itself. Tomorrow, I'll be ordering a 1000 by 500 mm by 12mm Sheet of HDPE, and I'm going to make something hopefully working. A four wheel (Chain Driven) Two motor axe bot. Made from HDPE and a layer of steel.

Sure, I'll take some in a bit, and edit this post. I can't be bothered to save up for a welder and weld it back, it'll most likely do the same. Not quite sure about how the drive is going to work out, might end up going with scooter motors, in a four wheel or two wheel setup.

Register To Comment