Register To Comment
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Antweight Kit

I've been following the Australian Robot Wars forum for some time, but i am not registered.

To speak the truth, their robot kits inspired me to try to do something here, as a company called weproductise is going to open this month near my city and their goal is to help people make their project come true (they have laser cutters, 3d printers, cnc's and people with master degrees in engineering, design and marketing to help). Link for their site:
    http://www.weproductise.com/

Marto and Aaron sure do A LOT for this hobby from what i see. It would be a previlege to be able to work with them bringing their kits into Portugal. But i think that's dreaming to much, and besides, their kit is too much for what i had in mind.

For now i just want to develop a ant as cheap as possible and build two of them so can get people to try them. Then, if some people were interested, i could make a couple of kits and sell them.

The second part of the project will be very difficult, as the robotics/electronics community here are alergic to combat and remote controlled robots....

If i could get like 10 people into to this hobby and host a small tournament it would be a dream come true!

Thanks for the support!

If we're talking good, cheap drive servos, can I make a recommendation? The hobbyking hk15148 are cheap, not too small and have lots of torque. They can also be easily speed hacked. I've found a lot of the smaller 9g servos lack torque when they have been speed hacked. Plus the gears are bigger, so they're harder to strip. Also, most Lego wheels will fit straight onto the output shaft.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 0_14s.html

I used them in my first cluster, Warhorses, and they worked great. The drive servos, weapon servo, battery and receiver only cost me about £10 in each robot. The main cost was the 3d printing.

... ata_player

MG90s 360 mod Bottom of this thread

Use stiff glue (epoxy or super glue) so the neutral position won't drift or swap the potentiometer for 2x 2.2k resistors.

Register To Comment