Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inertia XL

The rebuild is under way now with the following changes

New drive system (speed 900s instead of drills)
    Sidewinder speedo instead of Scorpion
    8s A123's (replacing 24v Ni-Mh's)
    New bulkheads with bearings (old system ran directly on the HDPE bulkheads)

There are a couple of other minor bits but it is all taking shape nicely

Testing to see if the new drive setup would fit

The new disc mechanism- still need to fit the 2nd speed 900

The new setup in place

Inertia has had some work done on it today. The new disc mech has been finished and attached to the base. The new ratio seems to be way better when run off the old 24v Ni-Mh pack so should be even better on the 8s A123s.

After having a good think I decided to ditch to speed 900 drive system in favour of a couple of Gimsons which freed up more weight for even more armour and a new reinforced front scoop. Tomorrow I will fit the drive and armour, wire it all up and give it a test.

I have also been working on Inversion- a 2WD brick that will be a bit of fun to drive in whiteboards. The shell is 4mm Hardox and has the speed 900 drive that was meant for Inertia. Eventually I will fit the Bosch's for a little more power.

Why did you take the Speed 900's out of Inertia? She also seems to be like 100mm longer? Wont that make steering even more difficult?

Weight was going to be very tight and I decided to keep the Hardox instead as it didn't really need the s900s. This version is only 30mm longer than the first one, this was so that the sidewinder would fit into the rear section. It probably looks longer due to the sloped back end.

Your 2WD ram bot looks epic!
    Looks like it should be able to take a good few hits :P

BonX..... That's the original one....

I'll admit that Bonx inspired the spikes on the top- the rest of the shell is originally from Tuff Luck 2. It's had a couple of the welds patched up and the wheel holes enlarged to accommodate the new 100mm wheels.

All the insides are new for this version.

Haha I made that shell then, thought I recognised it.

Nearly finished Inertia now. Got it wired up last night- just the top panel to fit and a few mounting bits and its good to go in the arena- might even have time to paint it. The weight without the lid is 12.9 kg so I'm pretty happy with that

It works Final weight is 13.4 kg and just needs a coat of paint to finish it.

Register To Comment