Register To Comment
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Skipdiving Robotics

Well I know Scrapdaddy was a Battlebots entry, so it's definitely taken. What about 'Rig of the dump' or 'Trashcan wallop'?

My bot's going fairly well, although it hasn't been without problems. I've had to get a new charger due to the first one being internally damaged, but that's not a big deal. I've decided to use my remaining weight allowance on a removable second layer of armour. It was going to be all steel, but I've had to use aluminium for the back and sides in order to stay within the weight limit.
    On the plus side, I've started putting my artistic skills to good use on the lid!
    S5001825.jpg

I know what you mean. That's the main reason for the second skin, so that the robot should at least be able to make it through one match before the opponent can reach anything vital. Not to mention it's easily replaceable.

Thanks for the compliment!

Sometimes the ghetto way is indeed the best! I must admit, I have a slight advantage in that I work as a metal fabricator, so I have access to sheet metal and the equipment for cutting and bending it however I want. But I really admire people who don't let lack of resources stand in their way!

And in case you're curious about the paint job, I haven't even finished yet. I just wanted it to look dark and demonic, hence the robot's name; It's half Japanese, half Spanish, and literally means 'shadow machine'.

I'm definitely still coming to Doncaster, I've come too far to miss this opportunity!
    As for the armour, I'm making the metal shell separately (since it's bigger and encloses the wheels), then attaching it into the original screwholes used for the plastic lid. Here's what it looks like with the shell on.
    S5001854.jpg

Looks like a pretty good first robot Dan

Thanks

Register To Comment