Register To Comment
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Skipdiving Robotics

Been to the metal people, they say they're nearly done and it will be ready in a week or so. All I know is I'm three hundred notes worse off but it's worth it. Need to sort out some propper drivetrain stuff as the chassis is utterly beautiful: welded, folded, machined and recessed. I have some batteries, some 12V 9Ah to go in the heavy and am flirting with the idea of mag drive and some custom gearboxes, only problem being that I need the wheels to be 200mm minimum. I've spent so much money its frightening. Gone are the days of this being a "bit of fun"...this is frightfully serious now given the money I keep forking out lol. Erm I randomly drew something...hic...(see below). Also worried that Craig will go mad after he realises I took a shine to Cherub but am too daft to make the horns. Oh and are bulkheads needed for strength? I have chassis (nearly and batteries), also have some wheel chair motors, but am pining after some custom mag gearboxes, if I buy someone enough beer will they make me some mag boxes? I need a wotty, or some other esc as well. oh and a dx6i! and an orange to failsafe.

I have postoned wabbajack building and can't be bothered with feathers anymore fed up of drills breaking and unsuccessfully damaging fingers trying to hammer flaming unf nuts into molten hospital bed wheels. No I say,...no more! Heavies and ants! Heavies and ants! Now need to see if any of the EO's will let me enter something next year with my non existant heavy haha.
    Over and out....Dangerous Dave.

I fear the name Twisted metal is in use already.

http://robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twisted_Metal

Just go for it and go 4wd! With a chassis like that it will be easy and not all that more expensive yet will have a ton more push

Chassis looks good Dave, look forward to seeing it progress!

Register To Comment