Register To Comment
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Skipdiving Robotics

Right, so....here in costa-del-blackpool we've been busy, especially the cad dept. Nevermind sketchup and auto desk, paint is where it's at! We've decided we could do with unleashing our unique brand of pandamonium and insanity on the unsuspect heavy weight folks, so we've been cunjuring up one of these here heavies. Sorry for the lack of pictures, I have the PR dept sorting that out. The basic thrux is a thwack bot as we don't need much push and therefor our weedy wheelchair setup will do the job. A couple of SLA's are gonna be procured at some point, as well as 3mm steel top and bottom plate. Found a place here in the land of stag=doo's that will cut what we want for about sixty quid all in which seems pretty reasonable.

We're gonna have a reasonable strength internal box that everything sits in and a 12lb sledge, and then sandwich the whole thing in steel plate in case thor and titan are kicking about. We want to call this Tumbler. So we've got the drives sorted, gonna nag a bit more about the batteries in a bit, receiver and trans are gonna get ordered in a fortnight on pay day and going to see about one of the smaller wottys. We've got a load of ply and 4x2 to make up the internal structure, sledge is on the way. We're not bothered about being competitive, but we just thought if we're gonna get to a couple of events a year may as well bring a heavy :-) I got some pictures about taking the brakes off the motors, got the mountings straight now and we're good to go.

Looking good. The shape reminds me of La Machine!

We'll done

Register To Comment