Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Axe Related Questions.

So my featherweight looks boring.
    Just a block of wood that could get stuck on everything (the design is terrible)
    I admire Thor for being not a flipper and a really sucsessful axe robot.
    I was wanting to rebuild my fw with an axe (sledgehammer) and I have a few questions before I start.
    1) Do they need speed control or can they pass a saftey check using servos and switches?
    2) Can you program speed controllers to limit the motors movement, make the axe return slower, rapid fire etc? Could a feather weight beginner do this.
    3) Would a few speed 900 replicas be suitable axe motors?
    4) I know LS4 uses speed 600's in a drill gearbox, could I put any size 600 motor into a drill gearbox?

Thanks in advance for all your helpful replies.
    Archie

any help is appreciated here
    I like the figures of the banebots motors and would be interested to use banebots 545s with a drill gear box.
    how would an rs775 do hooked onto a tz85?
    http://banebots.com/pc/MOTOR-BRUSH/M7-RS775-12

Thank you for this response.
    I will get in touch with banebots to ask about the figures.
    Thanks

does anyone mind if I just add all my questions before I forget them?
    can I charge lipos inside my robot even if I have a lipo bag inside my robot?
    is using BotBitz 10a on a 15a stall motor too risky even if the BotBitz can take a stall of a lot more than 10
    will post more as I remember

You can never charge lipos inside your robot- even if you have a lipo bag inside.
    I would definatly no use a botbitz 10A for 15A motors (I presume for a feather weight)- using the 25A ones would probably be alright but is a bit risky, the 85A would definatly be fine. I am am pretty sure those ratings are a bit optimistic and that they are the stall ratings rather than continuous ratings.

I would advise going for the 85a controllers. You can program them yourself from the original turnigy 85a controllers if you are decent with a soldering iron and have a bit of patience. Did it myself to save a bit of cash rather than importing them.

One of the main reasons you are not allowed to charge lipos inside the robot is because you should be checking they are ok before every charge.

OK so i am still at the planning stage of everything but.
    1) How about a few of these batteries http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html
    About 3 of those
    2) And banebots rs-775 with 16:1 gearboxes like 720 (are the banebots the cheapest gearboxes)
    3) 30A Shore bot bitz
    4)2 I max B6 chargers.
    5) 2 botbitz TZ85A escs (already got)
    6) 2.5mm steel armour (is that enough?)
    Is jigsawing steel effective (It is dooable but it just wears out the blades loads)
    Hows that for a nice setup?
    suggestions/improvements welcome as always

Thanks
    Archie

Register To Comment