Register To Comment
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Heavyweight Championship - 21st-22nd September 2013

Congratulations to the winner Eruption team Michael and Adrian this is your year indeed.

I did a count of the last 3 fights duration in the comp the total fight time was 18 seconds! the first semi was 5 seconds, the second semi was 6 seconds and the final was an epic 7 seconds.

now that's power!!!

Also a big hand for the for Terry for getting back the nut.

I am sorry I couldn't have been there but the shows are bunched up this time of the year, and I wasn't allowed to come out and play.

Hope to see you at the next one.

totally agree.

I'm with you guys. Best fights all weekend had no OOTA's and went the distance. Behemoth, Thor and Big Nipper was a fantastic fight between 3 versatile robots, best fight of the weekend for me

Wooow I was only saying they were powerful flippers!

The fight time thing, I am sure has been noted by the EOs and the FRA executive.

Note to self be careful what you write

Already took steps to overcome the problem for the O2 upgrade in 2011, its called 3 sides of high wires !!

We don't suffer from 6 second fights very often ! :-) and if we do its because of skill ! LOL

Something the Fw champs needs to keep the spinners in the arena for longer too !

You dont suffer from 6 second fights because its a fixed show you do not a uk champs. the only skill you have is ruining Iron Awe 6, oh and some others i better not mention in public.

The best fights are the ones that go the distance, but to beat the big flippers you got to build a big flipper. Then it just all gets boring, How about putting a time limit on ootas for 2014. say...only after 1 minute you can flip a robot out. Before that....you lose. The big flippers might have used a lot of gas and will be more difficult then? Or will that lead to people holding back for that first minute perhaps.

Something needs doing... people say big spinners killed the shows in america... big flippers are ruining them here now... personally i found it very boring, and i've lost all interest in heavyweights now....coming from someone who used to run a heavyweight flipper, and drove one in the comp.

Craig its nothing you said mate it was noted by a few people over the weekend.

id say the event was run well - unfortunately in a uk champs your going to get 5 second fights, due to the nature of it... but it would be nice to have an incentive to make fights last longer at live events.

First of all, a big congratulations to our new champions 'Eruption'! Well done to Manta for making to the final for the 2nd year running. Iron Awe 5 showed us there's still life in the old dog! Well done to Terry for taking home the Challenge Nut, just think that has got to be on your fireplace until March, I bet your Mrs will love it! Big Nipper and Kronic took home the Tag Team, or should I say Kronic and Big Nipper was completely useless!

Thank you to everybody who took part, big shout out to the crew, excellent job as always, and those that came early and stopped behind to help with the get-out, think that was the quickest yet, I was at home watching TV at 11.15pm, don't even get back that early when the venue's 1mile from my house!

Didn't get chance to see the Beetles in action, but understand it went well and already some good machines out there, I can see them evolving very quickly!

As for the OOTAs, that's the way the robots have evolved, only thing will alter that is either massive changes to the arena, which compromises the view into the arena, and throws up lots or other issues in regards safety access, other than that your looking at a change in the rules. Its something we're looking into, but in 7 years not one customer has mentioned anything about the length of fights etc.

"I feel something big has to be done to counter all these HP flippers, who can very efficiently (but not always excitingly) beat their opponent"

Shouldn't we applaud them rather then penalise them? Anyway, that's a whole other debate...

That's it for the big events this year, Whitwick and Burgess Hill are already booked, along with some new venues and events for 2014!

Once again thank you all for competing, see you next year!

p.s. Will, the invoice for the lights is in the post...

Register To Comment