Register To Comment
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Heavyweight Championship - 21st-22nd September 2013

add me to the list please No Toy lives again

That's good to hear then if they're around this time - even better if there's a few different tournaments going off!
    I mean, I know there's the live events but from the videos I've seen of them, it seems a very different competition when it's the HW champs or what have you - everyone's out for blood haha!

Thanks everyone for another great weekend!

Well done to Michael and Adrian for their win with Eruption!

Also well done to IA5 and Beast for 3rd and 4th as well as Toxic for getting the nut.

We were really pleased with Manta's performance. For a new robot it seems to be working brilliantly (just need to learn how to drive it now! )

Looking forward to seeing the videos!

Videos on their way up!

Had an amazing time, everything seemed pretty well organised, a good turnout, LOTS of posters to sign
    Well done Michael, you have every UK championship title in 2013 so far, a feat never achieved by anyone before! But as everyone knows, every champ has it's year! You've had yours, just as Ripper had his in 2011!
    Will, you are DEFINITELY cursed. 5 times coming second is... mildly annoying I'd imagine.
    Iron-Awe 5 and Beast also did very well to reach the semis. Next year, we'll be up there with you, you'll see!
    Congrats to the Browns too, TR2 did excellently, gave IA5 a really tough time! You will be in the finals next year, mark my words!
    I was pleased with how Titan did, my driving needs a little practice, and I really need to work on my nerves, but despite this my main opponent was the pit smoke.
    Skyfall and Ricochet had on-and-off moments, but they managed to double-team Chuck in the last FW fight, resulting in a victory for Skyfall! I'll probably use what I have of LF3 to add some Ti to it, a little more strength would be nice. Although, I think it will never be a competitive machine, ie, never enter a UK Champs. It just can't handle the impacts. Instead I'm working on a FW Titan, a build thread will be coming your way soon!
    It was nice to see BWs getting an outing, fun to watch, but I think the class is so new people don't quite know what works yet. Good to see the Wares as well, wish we could see you more often!
    So, next up is Maidstone... Winter Tour here we come! See y'all there!

Roboteer

Many thanks to Alan and the crew for putting on a really enjoyable Championship. Some superb fights all weekend.

Congratulations to Michael and Adrian on another fine performance. Will your time will come ,don't forget it was only the fourth outing for Manta, but if you need any driving tips feel free to ask.Also congratulations go out to Rob and Learo/Mouldy for some top quality battles.

Plans are being made for the winter upgrades for TR2, so fingers crossed for better things next year,but we were really happy to have made the 1/4 finals where we didn't disgrace ourselves whilst losing to Rob with Iron Awe 5.

Toon Raider is in need of major surgery over the winter but there is still life in the old dog yet, and will be around for a few more years.

All the best Team Toon

Thanks alan and robots live it was a great event, some good action in the arena awsell, didnt get through the comp as a
    double powered flip with help from will sorted that out ! congrats to the winners and to me as ive got the nut :-)) he he.
    some great action going on in the beetle arena aswell, those little things are looking supremely evil there is going to be lots of carnage soon ! quite sure thats the last event this year for me so will be able to do some tweaks to toxic as its not quite sorted yet, also a low power flip is needed, i will sort that out and lots of diy at home over xmas ! see you all soon.

The beetles went down very well. For a first time out it was a good test for all involved. Big big thanks to Robotslive for letting us use the arena at his event. Leicester will see the arena in full glory and might get to do a small first champs but will see.

Will be my last event till Leicester too and looking forward to a new robot to make its debut there.

Well done Eruption, you getting bored of winning yet?
    Well done TAT, I will sort you out a copter no worries.
    Will..... your just a loser and are destined to lose. Build a decent robot for a change.

Back to the Landrover now I have had enough of you geeks especially mouldy and his Moma.

Register To Comment