Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robot Wars: November 10th - GL1 - Gloucester - (WT3)

Just to say a big thanks to John and all the team at Robot Wars, for two fun filled shows.
    Saint through to the semifinal who would have thought that!
    Unusual for us we managed to have three fighting robots broken by the end,
    Saint blew the Wotty trying to get out of the arena wall!!
    Cherub the A123 battery pack failed and
    Seraph Zack drove across the floor flipper twice and that broke the gearboxes on both wheels!!
    A really big thanks to Lynn Thomas for the antlers and the crackers. And all at the Saturday night meal we had a blast Love the hair Clive

Thanks again to everyone at Robot Wars for a really good event!

There were some excellent fights and the new loading system seemed to work well too.

Can't wait to do it all again next year!

Fantastic sold out shows again, we had to put extra chairs out !!

Congratulations to Will who gets his name on the trophy !! Although I did have one hand on it until the pit got in my way ! Great fight though really enjoyed it.

That's it for 2013, but rest assured 2014 is going to be even better !! Thankyou to all those who are supporting Robot Wars and getting it back on the map big style, we cant do it without you!!

Tour dates and other shows will be released in the next two weeks, we are just finalising some contracts.

Have a great break, and see you all in 2014 !!

John
    Robot Wars

Thanks to Jonno and everyone else involved for a great event. Well done to Will, you really deserved to win something! Eruption was a bit pants again, it needs a serious winter service I think! Explosion was as good as ever though and I was happy to win the featherweight comp

All in all I think it's fair to say our robots have had quite a good year though As well as repairs we've got some new projects and modifications planned to get Eruption back on top at Whitwick at the start of next year!

Hope everyone enjoys the winter break! We'll see quite a few of you in January and the rest at Whitwick

Roboteer

Thanks to Jonno, Trevor and the crew for putting on another enjoyable event,and for the help getting TR2 and Toon Raider into the Bull Pen, and Craig for helping get them all into the car. Congratulations to Potter on winning the Winter Tour and to Smiler for yet another trophy.

Its been a long hard year for the Robots, Cars and Roboteers. Time to take stock on what went right for us and what went wrong and why. Winter upgrades are planned and hopefully TR2 can have a more succesfull 2014.

It was a nice surprise when the meal on Saturday night turned into an early Christmas party,thanks to the efforts of Lynn/Spritzer.It was a great social occasion looking forward to many more of the same next year.

If we don't see you before have a great Christmas and see you all next year.

Team Toon.
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Register To Comment