Register To Comment
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

Depends on what weight class. Satanix goes from empty to battle ready in about 20 minutes

When we first built Tormenta 2 it could be disappeared or reappeared in 10 minutes. A few nuts and bolts and it all slides away from itself.

Now that it's seen battle, no chance! Much of what used to be a matter of lightly tapping now requires dropping the machine on the floor to get into place.

Just got the front Armour back.

Weighed Cherub one scale looks like 100 Kg the other scale was 95Kg.

Still will start to grind a few bits off just to make sure (when it gets cooler)

Sorry to bump. Craig, may I please borrow two of your SLAs for Newport? Only I don't think the ones I have are holding charge well & I really need to able to run away from Thor.

Of course yes,I will try to remember to take some, Why would you want to run away from Thor?

Dose anyone have a HSS countersink bit that will fit in a pistol drill about 24mm diameter?
    mine are all too small, if so please can you bring it to Newport.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craig_colliass View Post
    Of course yes,I will try to remember to take some, Why would you want to run away from Thor?
    You're right Craig, that's a stupid idea. I've got a wedge - I should be running under it thus hidden from the axe.

That's right if your under it, it can't hit you

Well I thought I would give some feedback on how Team Saint robots did in the
    Robot Wars UK Championships

Saint did very well! it weighed in at just under 95Kg with the feather axe fitted.
    it won the first round so made it through to the quarter finals and lost to Iron Awe 5 which is no shame as it is an ex UK champ.
    saint didn't have any significant mechanical problems in the weekend only one bearing cap failed this is a regular thing and we keep loads of spares, the Wotty overheated at the end of one fight but then cooled down enough to drive out of the arena after a few minutes.

Cherub went better than I think everyone expected, won the first round too. then lost to Behemoth very quickly, for some reason the lifter mechanism stopped working and Cherub could not self right, got it back to the pits all worked perfectly, don't you just hate that!! It went into a whiteboard fight and worked very well it is fun to see it self right, after the weekend I noticed when packing it away the split link on the lifter was coming apart so I will have to fix that before the next one. but with the wins it means we have 2 robots seeded for next year and neither of them flippers.

Tron did what Tron dose, it is a bit of a "boring box" but it is tough and reliable and easy to drive. Didn't win never dose, but it gives me something to do in the feather fights.

Seraph won the best feather,
    I can't begin to tell you how good this feels. it has been fighting for quite a few years now and has proven to be impossible for any other feather (with the exception of some spinners) to do any damage to, in fact most can't even get close to it! every fight it goes around scoring points off any robot Zack chooses to hit, and still hardly ever gets close in any of the competition finals much to mine and Zack's amazement, but perhaps at least at Robot Wars events the corner has turned and it will be recognised as the design classic I believe it to be. Robot Wars ................. guys we salute you

Kettle bot
    I don't know why people like it but they do, we changed the balance on this one and it drives as well forward as it dose backwards!! which has to be an improvement.

Final words have to be many thanks to All at Robot Wars and all our dear friends and fellow roboteers for a truly wonderful weekend.

Register To Comment