Register To Comment
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

I'm going to Guilford, could do them there but would prefer to do them at home TBH. Could collect them and then post them once there done? Drop me a PM

Have you ever taken your robot out of the back of the van/car and thought "I really must tidy the old robot up a bit!" well that happened to me so I have decided to change the rubber armour retaining strips (colour coded)

IMG_0536[1].jpg

One side is done the other blanked out ready for fitting

Still doing bits to tidy Saint this time its the hub caps.

The old plastic hubcaps got a bit worn and even started to crack a little!

IMG_0540.jpg

I didn't have any green plastic the right thickness but had some white HDPE left over from the Gabriel biuld so that's ok.

OH by the way, the saw you see in the picture has been brilliant, it dose not clog up and with the big blade it cuts straight even with me using it. I got it from Argos.

IMG_0539.jpg

I had a look through the build pictures for Cherub, and found over time the inner parts have changed.

2013-07-06 11.35.34.jpg

IMGA5271.JPG
    Last edited by craig_colliass; 24th May 2014 at 07:59.

What are those gearboxes craig? They look perfect for what I am after

Hi
    I have the details for the Drive gearbox and the lift motor.

The Gearboxes for the wheel drive are made by a company called, Pujol from Spain.
    The model number is LAC40/10/120-11.
    Ratio 10:1
    Let me know if you find a supplier as I may need spares one day
    The motors are Bosch 750W 24V.

The motor gearbox for the lifter is from a stair lift.
    Made by Electric Motor Developments. EMD
    The model number is PM63/50-VC24-GB2-75-1BK
    RPM 37, the final drive via chain is reduction 2.5:1
    This gives the total drive ratio as 187.5:1 reduction, lifting arm length 250mm
    This is the same manufacturer for the motors in Seraph, Pilgrim, Spiderbot and the weapon motor in Gabriel.
    Worm drive Gearboxes are very bad as far as efficiency is concerned I would think this one is no more than 45% but the advantage is the capacity to handle loads of torque in a small box and most of all for this application they can't be "back or load driven" so no need for a brake.

Hope the info helps

Those boxes looks like a worm and worm wheel type boxes. Have something similar with a 80:1 reduction.

Something like this I believe

Register To Comment