Register To Comment
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Scot-Bots

GARDEN WARS!

[attachment=0:2hgowge4]P1000318.jpg[/attachment:2hgowge4]

So the arena walls are complete, with exception of a few small tidying-up issues to address. The cost has been relatively low (man-hours aside), I think the total amount spent has been less than £100. Part of that is due to Clive kindly sourcing us some free second-hand bus shelter polycarb (ta muchly ). It'll be getting put to the test at the aforementioned primary school Christmas Fayre, so hopefully no more escaping robots!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yesterday saw the establishment of the the latest steel architecture by a little known Scottish fabricator-
    Pedro Two-Sheds McHarg

Mr. McHarg, May I just sidetrack you
    for one moment?
    This, what should I call it,
    nickname of yours. Two-Sheds. How did you come by it?

Shed on the right used to be home to all the household stuff, bikes, garden equipment etc. I then decided I needed a shed/workshop space, so my mum decided to get a smaller shed (on the left) for the household stuff - as there wasn't enough to warrant a 6' x 8' shed - and I got (and subsequently pimped) the shed on the right. I call it....The Cave of Blunders *insert evil cackle here*

Copied from our FB post and also a photo of the completed arena in 2.4 x 2.4m format (quarter of the full sized arena)

The debut of the new arena was largely a success!

The event was attended by our FWs Usain Bot, MoBot, Cicatrix, Eric Jr, Rover and Carcinus watched on from the stands.

MoBot has a really strange issue going on with it, speed controllers seem to disagree with it but Usain ran all day and despite some smoke from the motors its all still running 100%. They seem to be having very constrasting fortunes a the moment. Cicatrix is running better than ever and has (hopefully) left the electrical gremlins behind him for the forseeable future, hopefully soon we'll see an electric lifter on there. Rover ran well throughout the event and, despite losing a front football guide after a big flip from Jr, even (arguably) managed to win a fight at the expense of Eric Jr who started off well then seemed to have an intermittent fault develop with its radio signal which caused it to died at random points in battles. On the bright side though, he proved that even with the new higher walls he can still comfortably fire other robots out of the arena!

Battle results:

Eric Jr vs Rover - Eric Jr (OOTA twice)
    Eric Jr vs Cicatrix - Cicatrix (Judges decision)
    Eric Jr vs Rover - Rover (Control problems + stuck on debris)
    Cicatrix vs Usain Bot - Cicatrix (judges decision)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great work there guys!

Do you have another event coming up? Would be great to bring some machines and support

Nothing booked at the moment James, although the forum will be one of the first places to know when we do. Would be great to see some Robochallenge machines there with us

Super, do keep us posted and il get Venom running. If you give grant a poke he may get plough bot sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by james...venom
    If you give grant a poke he may get plough bot sorted.
    That'll be the day

As a point of interest, how many people would be interested in a jaunt up to Scotland for an event?

Having a few discussions with various groups about an idea that i've had. It would not be a full event by any means but if it goes ahead we would need a few more robots there. The idea is in its infancy so I wouldn't want to release much information about it (as it will probably change radically before it is announced ) but I would make a guess that 12-15 robots would be the ideal number to make it a success. We could probably piece together 7-9 robots so that would leave another 5 or so spaces.

A show of hands from interested parties would be great

I take it that it would be a non spinner event?

I'd be interested though, could be a laugh

Register To Comment