Register To Comment
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Bitza

Since we now have a few robots I thought we'd make a new thread for the team and put everything there.

First up some photos!

Some help required.

I need to control, via R/C what I believe to be a SPDT/CO switch...

The actual switch has three positions, centre is off left is on on and right is the other. Can someone advise a suitable RC switch to control this please?

Don't want to use servos.
    Thanks!

Any one?

I think this will do it:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-WAY-Radio-C ... 3379e61eb9

What MOD gears do people typically use in FWs?

As far as I can tell MOD is simply the distance between teeth on the gear, is that correct?

Also, am I correct in thinking that gearing ratio between 2 gears to be the division of how many teeth each has?

So a 5:1 reduction would be achieved with a 10T pinion and a 50t spur?

Yep, nailed it in 1.

I use Mod 1 gears in Satanix. Not had them wear out yet.

What sort of top speed do people aim for when doing their gearing reductions? About 10mph? Or higher?

Our machine can do about 10mph and it feels plenty fast for a small arena. A 12v drill setup at 12v does about 7mph. Maybe use that as a guide?

Unless you're confident your drive motors will get you to 10mph quickly it's perhaps best to aim a little lower?

Is this for a new machine or Bitza upgrades?

New machine, on paper works out at 3hp in the drive! All made from bits and bobs, just trying to figure out a suitable gear reduction.

THATS my kind of robot
    that's like 20x more powerful than gimsons
    i don't beleive it will work but just hope someone is clearing out their cellar and saying,
    do i really need this binfull of rare earth magnets.
    3hp isn't going to stick to the floor
    and guess what.
    USLESS POINT OF REFERENCE:
    http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/search ... Kw=true&cm
    d=SREF
    nope

No magnets, unless we happen to find some, we do have some incredibly wide wheels though!

So what sort of top speed do people aim for? Cobalt seemed a good speed, Satanix perhaps too high, the new Aftershock had good drive, 540 moved like a fly!

Register To Comment