Register To Comment
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Bitza

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Since we now have a few robots I thought we'd make a new thread for the team and put everything there.

First up some photos!

Well the UK champs has been and gone again, it was a mixed year for Team Bitza.
    We had fun but the overall feeling was, '3 years in we should be better at this by now!'
    Although the disk exploding was awesome to watch - it was a shame, I know Dan put a lot of effort into making that, and Splinter not really driving at all was frustrating.
    A combination of running out of time and trying to be different have put us at a bit of a disadvantage. 1st year was scrap themed, 2nd again but with improvements and third was wood.
    This time the theme is 'Doing it properly!' also starting now to avoid running out of time will help.
    We have learnt a lot though. The importance of making a machine that you can dissamsemble, making one that's solid enough that you can refine and upgrade the design seems a good idea. And perhaps not making spinners with my 'hammer&hacksaw' engineering.
    BitzaWood was pretty awesome on paper, 6150rpm, 2.6kg disk, tool steel teeth but there was always going to be a point of failure. I never expected the MDF to last but didn't see the disc going!

So what about this year? Well Dan has some neat ideas in the making, we now have all the components to make 2 machines and even spares! Question is what to build.

I think scoops are very effective, but someone (Lewis?) has already done a very good FW version of La Machine.

My current 2 thoughts are:
    FBS made from a car wheel (Suitably Bitza)
    Or, 4 Bar Electric Flipper with dual fan motor weapon power.

Or both...

I think we're alright for lifters now.

I'd say a FBS with a hammer on top.

Hey, who said 'lifter'? None of that slowly lift them off the ground crap!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-27 View Post
    Gradually seeing this as a trend, with several none linac based electric lifters/flippers in development I feel like Tormenta is under threat.

Ah well, we'll just have to get mark 3 on the go and keep you all at bay.

I kid, build it! 2 of those motors should easily have enough power to be a flipper, if our drill can get Tormenta 2 air when it self rights.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-27 View Post
    Oi! That's my only tactic! LOL
    More serious note, anything powered electric motor round here is a lifter regardless of speed.
    The only Electric flipper was LF3 with that solenoid that caught fire. Good Times...

I think combining both a full body spinner and an electric flipper in one robot is a great idea!!

Register To Comment