Register To Comment
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Team Bitza

Here's the Ali Billet I was given. It was donated by a very kind man down the road from me who had it 'just lying around'. Given it's size it makes for a tempting drum spinner!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The guy also has a large lathe and band saw which will be coming in handy!

Haha, it does rather look that way! Unsure why the forum uploader has put it on it's side though.

Haha, its funny what people have 'lying around'
    Whats its dimensions? Any idea on weight?

It weighs a fair amount, my guess would be around 4kgs, but I'll stick on the scales in a bit.

That's an off cut too of what he had!

My plan is to bore out the middle to 20mm, make it a lot shorter and effectively use it as a stand to hold a 20mm Silver Steel shaft that will support the wheel.
    The flat top will make a nice surface for a thrust bearing and it's size will means lots of mounting options.
    Although looking at the build pics of Tetanus it may be a little overkill, very conscience of weight.

Too heavy for the kitchen scales, comes up as 4kgs on the bathroom scales. 100mm dia and 180mm tall. The internal height of the car wheel is 135mm (but that could be due to change if I can't find a better way to get the weight down).

Take away wheel clearance, thickness of the base, room for a thrust bearing and I'll likely need a 100mm tall block. That'll weigh 2kgs with the centre bored out. hhhhmmmm
    Last edited by PJ-27; 3rd July 2013 at 10:17.

What I need is one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3707867405...84.m1438.l2649

Although one ideally not intended for an Aston.... Anyone any idea what I would search for to find one of these 'generally'?

does it have to be exactly the same

or would something like this do
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Atlas...item1e79570089

You've not blown another prop shaft on your Aston have you?

Register To Comment