Register To Comment
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tormenta 2 - Build Diary

I'll just leave this here, then!

That is very special indeed! Well done team! It looks and drives very solidily. Those botbitz give a nice control as well. So what's next top armour? Where will you be fighting it?

You didn't fancy lifting the sofa then! The control looks good with the botbitz and your machine looks very solid.

Thanks guys.

The top plate has already been made, we just left it off for this test because we don't have a link yet. Our only way of killing power is via the battery deans, and we wanted access just in case, you know, things got interesting. :wink:

We will be competing at MMM14 in Germany at the end of this month and we'll be popping in for a rumble or two at Maidstone.

As for the sofa, the sprocket on the lifter gearbox is slipping a little and we want to avoid making that any worse, plus it wouldn't lift the sofa, it would just lift it's own back end. :P

Broke two drill bits and spent about an hour in the meantime trying to put a hole through the thing to stop it from slipping. Managed it eventually. It was completely ridiculous! Ended up coming in at 2am.

We did get the link done, though.

Weighed it all-in so far, and according to our unknown-accuracy bathroom scales we have 200 grams left to do the scoopy-forky-thing. Not enough.

Hmm.

Been following this and I must say I'm very Impressed.

Looking forward to seeing it in action !!

John
    Roaming Robots

Very nice, Rukia and Tormenta 2 need to have a fight to see who got the better lifter and believe me, she not going down easily

Thanks John!

Lewis, I love the idea of a duel. However, a duel might not be possible if we can't fix the pretty catastrophic failure we just had...

The cotter-pin system for the lifter-motor-side sprocket has been a pain in the behind for a day or two. Tonight we got a cotter in and it all looked good (having completely sheered the previous one; the torque in this big drill is other-worldly) so we stuck the Tormenta 1 remains on the front and gave it a lift. After a few bashes there was a snap.

The reverse thread screw that goes into the drill shaft (essential to the setup) has completely sheered where we cotter-pinned it.

We're working on a potential solution, but let me remind you that we are leaving on Monday morning for Germany. We have more or less everything involved before a 3 week roadtrip to do before we leave.

If we can't do it, we may have to call Germany or maybe even the whole trip off. No point in travelling 1600 miles to Dortmund to fight a weaponless robot.

I'll keep this updated.

Why don't you attach the gear onto the shaft like you would a blue wheel? Just tap the bore with the correct thread then lock it on with a reverse screw?

Roboteer

Loctite 601
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Register To Comment